View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 10:15 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 29,035.00
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
So even simple math is hard for you?

Not trying to sound like a dick, but Hagler and Marciano were the same height. Maybe Marciano was an inch taller. There was a 7" reach disparity... FAVORING Hagler.

Marciano weighed 185 for the Walcott rematch and 188 on his last outing (but had weighed less when a ranked Heavyweight). Hagler was 160 lbs. in his rematch w/ Antuofermo.

Ali was 6'3" 78" reach, 216 pounds for Quarry II and Rumble in the Jungle. He was lighter in his first fight w/ Frazier (I think that was him at his best), but swelled up to 225 pounds for Manilla (his most epic match).

Again, pick the numbers which are bigger:
1 or 5?
7 or 10?
25 or 31?

No offense, but sometimes it feels like you argue just too argue. This time you fell into your own trap.

What a hack! Duran didn't even need to retire to pull that off! He did it between fights!

I guessyou want me to believe Duran is naturally bigger than Hagler, too?

Where should we start? His wrists? His ankles? His earlobes? That part of the lip beneath the nose?

Replace "Rocky" with "Hagler" and the comment becomes even MORE true.

Hagler also certainly used the steamroom (and more). For Rocky, making 175 was possible too. But why eat a hamburger when you got steak waiting at home?

I know his career as well as anyone here.

I also know weight cutting, and bulking up better than anyone here. I spent most of my life dedicated to it (and know enough to tell people NOT to do it).

The guys Marciano fought WERE Heavyweights. Moore was bigger than Rocky when he entered the ring. Same as Charles. Just look at them and the scales.

Sure, he was bigger at 25 than they had been. He could have bulked up over them. But at that time he was spotting them weight.

Show me a physics book that provides a caveat about how mass is made and I'll leave this discussion. You can't. That is why guys bulk up. That is why fat slobs in the bologna bi.tch tit division are lethal when the little munchkins who look like they're cut from marble have matches that seem to go one forever.

I'm saying this to compliment Marciano. He beat Moore and Walcott at their best. Charles wasn't that far off from his best. Though, I dunno if I'd pick Marciano to regularly beat a prime Charles. It would probably take at least one try. He also beat them simply by wanting it more. They broke, he didn't.

You know the point I was making but you purposely ignore it.

especially the Duran point.

my point has always been that your actually weight varies greatly depending on how you train. Your natural weight, your real weight and functionality at that weight is different.

FOR EXAMPLE.

Duran has been 135 lbs and he has been 250 lbs.

He has however, never been a real heavyweight. Because carrying lot of weight on a smaller frame only makes you heavier, not bigger.

Rocky, had a bigger frame, big enough to knock old Joe Louis right through the ropes, but was carrying very little weight which would attest to his great stamina.

LET ME REMIND YOU

that Deontay Wilder was 212 lbs in his bout with Fury, his debut weight was 207 lbs. Yet nearly everyone considers Wilder a big heavyweight. I'm pretty sure that is lighter than Joe Louis was that night,and I wouldn't call Louis fat, he was just older and worn out.

So if you actually think that Hagler and Rocky are similar in size you are kidding yourself. stop playing dumb
them_apples is offline   Reply With Quote