Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Fight Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only do they not show any license for the athletic commisioners They don't even require a physical to sign up. Its just a questionare. And you basicly have to sign your rights to litigate should you suffer injury. I don't see how they even get the sponsers and support of the school.

Comment

I asked one of the guys that staffed it last year, said you can't have participated in more than 3 amatuer fights. And only students allowed.

As far as a trainer throwing someone out of the gym for preparing for this, as far as I know, the trainers were doing just the opposite; teaching beginners, like myself, the basics of the sport, and encouraging it as a good experience(granted, if they thought you were ready). Call them ****ty trainers whatever you like, I can't vouch for them as I have no boxing experience, just thought it would be a good way to get my feet wet. I have no ambition in pursuing the sport, as of now, past that point.
      Last edited by ianthegreat; 11-09-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ianthegreat View Post
        I asked one of the guys that staffed it last year, said you can't have participated in more than 3 amatuer fights. And only students allowed.

As far as a trainer throwing someone out of the gym for preparing for this, as far as I know, the trainers were doing just the opposite; teaching beginners, like myself, the basics of the sport, and encouraging it as a good experience(granted, if they thought you were ready). Call them ****ty trainers whatever you like, I can't vouch for them as I have no boxing experience, just thought it would be a good way to get my feet wet. I have no ambition in pursuing the sport, as of now, past that point.
        What about the referees? Are they qualified, amateur boxing officials? Is there a ringside doctor present? These are very important things. You don't want to be on either end. You don't want to get hurt, and you also don't want to seriously hurt someone because they weren't in any condition to be participarting in this and didn't have any experience. It is one thing to beat the **** out of somebody in a fair fight, but I know I would feel pretty crappy if I knocked out a novice who didn't understand what boxing was about and didn't belong in the ring.

Comment

The form says USA Boxing officials, does that qualify them? I don't know what qualifies an official. Look, it's been going on for 47 years with no litigation brought upon it. You can argue the validity of it all you want, my question was, would I gain any advantage training for 4 months, or would it just be a waste.

Comment

Ok so if you are in a training camp where you have to train for a year or so before you get to fight, You may show a passbook with only two or three fights. But you have thousands of rnds sparring experience and some skills bouts. "which don't necessarily go on that passbook" Would you feel comfortable fighting that guy having no experience. It's possible he is in the competition. Is it worth it to get in the ring for what I am assuming you think to be a moment of glory? Cause that guy I am speaking of will take your head clean off. You have four months. If I were training you, You would barely be sparring and thats if you have any talent and have had enough exposure. to boxing that your knowledge would assist the training. You woiuldn't be ready to fight, not a skilled amateur anyway. However you college kids seem to love to do the dumbest things so I would sugest you at least learn how to defend yourself in there. And thats for your mothers sake.

Comment

point taken

Comment

point taken
                I am not trying to harrass, or get a rise out of you. I just advocate intensly against these competitions. Its a negative light on a descent sport. I fail to see anything positive come out of these.

Comment

imo train hard work ur jab and work on a jab straight right, develop a nice powerful straight right but most importantly work on that jab. id do some kind of cardio too and wouldnt be smoking, maybe short fast .5 mile runs in grass or something.

doin well in soft competitions like this one will harden you up, youll gain plenty from it win or lose

Comment

Originally posted by SquareCircle View Post
                    imo train hard work ur jab and work on a jab straight right, develop a nice powerful straight right but most importantly work on that jab. id do some kind of cardio too and wouldnt be smoking, maybe short fast .5 mile runs in grass or something.

doin well in soft competitions like this one will harden you up, youll gain plenty from it win or lose
                    Do you really think so? Competition with some overgrown boys would be good? What kind of apponents have you faced. Mine would mop the floor with these frat guys. and only three times out of 25 have I suffered a loss.
                    I let you know for real that these comps are a waste of time the only people that benifit are the spectators. Who don't pat the athletes there dues. **** the idea may it burn in hell

Comment

Working...
                    X