Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Froch stop Johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but he'll box his ears off. Don't forget, Green wasn't far behind before the knockout. I think Froch wins 9 rounds and a UD.

Comment

This is gonna be a hell of a fight.......

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
        i think froch will win quite easily more easily then people think i dont think glen makes the weight as easy as people think

i see froch taking it to him and will work the body and hopefully work everything through the jab, glen is tough but i could see a similar stoppage as the one hopkins dished out to johnson

if froch does stop him it will be late on!!!!
        I think johnson looked strong at the weight, granted he only beat Allan Green but he looked good, maybe he shouldve been at 168 for more of his career.

If Froch keeps it simple, plays it smart and keeps the fight at his pace and distance, hes got it in the bag.

If he shows Johnson too much respect, then he could end up getting beat

Comment

I think it will be close with a Froch UD but there's no way he beats ward , Wards got a far bigger repertoire then the effective yet quite 1 dimensional Froch. Froch was lucky against Taylor , lucky against Dirrel , was close with a Kessler that had seen better days and looked masterfull against a crappy Abraham... I'm not buying this Froch being the best smw in the world at all.

Comment

Froch isn't stopping Johnson. The fight will go to a UD, I expect something like 116-112.

Comment

I doubt it, but maybe a TKO late on.

Most likely to be UD to Froch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                you just lost your credibility
                i agree........

johnson will be a tough fight for froch and vice versa because johnson needs to not only be busier but he needs to make froch look bad in order to convince the judges that he's not losing, we've seen johnson before do enough to win and get jobbed, either loss or draw.......

now, johnson's defense is under rated and his power is underrated as well, his chin is world class, the guy has never been stopped by being knocked out and he's never really been seriously hurt in the ring where he's retreated and ran for the rest of the fight or rest of the round...

although i expect froch to win, he can very well lose this fight if he's not careful, no matter how great of shape he's in, how much younger he is, more power, etc, johnson is a guy who fights, takes the fight to his opponent, and pushes guys into places they've never been before......... a lot of guys overlook johnson and i think froch isnt overlooking him, i just think froch thinks johnson is a one gear one trick pony, which he's not...... so if that is the case, froch might find himself being outworked........

Comment

I see Froch winning this fight most likely by UD, maybe 116-112 or something similar. Johnson was pretty good against Green, but then as we all saw Green was completely overated and was terrible against Glen and Ward. Still Johnson proved to be effective and still has the tools to make a fight against Froch.

However I think that at the moment Froch is the best SMW in the world, I don't really know but I hope to get the answer if Froch gets to the final. Froch should be able to win this fight if he does what he's been doing in his past fights, which is move around the ring, be aggressive by using his jab all time, and being able to get his distance to throw his punches with his long arms.

If Johnson manages to get into Froch's range and is able to land some shots in the close distance, then he'll have a good chance of winning the fight. Still I don't think that's going to happen, Froch is not the same boxer that we saw against Dirrell in his first S6 fight, he has greatly improved and if he shows that then he should be able to win.

Comment

Working...
                  X