No announcement yet.

Fannie and Freddie Fed takeover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fannie and Freddie Fed takeover

....This is about as big as it gets for the economy and the mortgage industry. I thought a bailout was a strong possibility, but I never expected this. This is just absolutely huge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26567533

well this should help our deficet just wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
      well this should help our deficet just wonderfully.
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Why the **** do we need to bail all these people out anyway? I'm not talking about just Fannie and Freddie, I'm talking American homeowners here. Since when is it the Government's job to run to save everybody when they get duped into ****ty mortgages?

Hell they never saved my family when that happened. I was 14 years old, my dad got duped into a ****ty mortgage and we lost everything. And by everything I mean we were living out of a car (mom, dad, me, my brother, and my sister) in Jacksonville Florida. I had to drop out of school and start working construction along with my brother to help get us out of the mess.

I would've loved to have Uncle Sam save me then.

Comment

Fixed mortage is the way to go.

Comment

I never heard of Alt-A loans until today. WTF is a Alt-A loan?

Comment

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
              Why the **** do we need to bail all these people out anyway? I'm not talking about just Fannie and Freddie, I'm talking American homeowners here. Since when is it the Government's job to run to save everybody when they get duped into ****ty mortgages?

Hell they never saved my family when that happened. I was 14 years old, my dad got duped into a ****ty mortgage and we lost everything. And by everything I mean we were living out of a car (mom, dad, me, my brother, and my sister) in Jacksonville Florida. I had to drop out of school and start working construction along with my brother to help get us out of the mess.

then stop complainin son.

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
                then stop complainin son.
                I would've loved it, yes. But it doesn't make it right. People need to learn how to fend for themselves, there's too much entitlement in this Country. I don't complain about the above experience because it gave me character. While other kids were busy dealing with pimples and proms, I was busy learning life's most important lesson: self reliance.

We keep bailing all these people out and borrowing from the Chinese and pretty soon we'll have a Chinese President.

Comment

I would've loved it, yes. But it doesn't make it right. People need to learn how to fend for themselves, there's too much entitlement in this Country. I don't complain about the above experience because it gave me character. While other kids were busy dealing with pimples and proms, I was busy learning life's most important lesson: self reliance.

We keep bailing all these people out and borrowing from the Chinese and pretty soon we'll have a Chinese President.
                  I'll toss you some K for this post.

Comment

...You're right and the government probably shouldn't bail them out. Still, I know plenty of shady mortgage brokers who ****ed people over good and proper over the years and it's a damn shame. I knew those loans were no good. I lost a ton of realtor business the other day because I went off on one of the top office producers for still trying to get 100% financing on people who shouldn't be buying. I mean WTF?? Those asshats just don't get it and it's all about making that deal. With values going down and the situation the economy is in, the last thing we need are those types of deals on the books. I'm in the business to make mortgages to people, but if it were up to me, a 90% LTV would be the absolute max. No more stated income either. It is a catch 22 because the housing industry fuels the economy. Things just got way too stupid and way too easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X