Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Should Haymon Care Where His Guys Fight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Should Haymon Care Where His Guys Fight....

As long as they are getting paid?

Do you think Haymon fighter will be allowed to cross promote with Top Rank?? It really makes no sense not to right?

It's kind of a new phenomenon that Haymon fighters even fight each other.. If people remember back 2-3 years ago,it was a running joke how they don't fight each other. Then again, his roster was no where near as deep as right now.

Yeah, I don't think he cares... He is just looking for the best deals available and Schafer was hooking him up big time.. Al will do what's best for his fighters, that's why he is the best advisor in the game

Comment

Yes, he cares. Some people and/or companies are difficult to do business with than others. Every Promoter has different conditions or general demands too. So for that reason he definitely cares.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Yes, he cares. Some people and/or companies are difficult to do business with than others. Every Promoter has different conditions or general demands too. So for that reason he definitely cares.
        True, but in general, I don't think he would just walk away from dibella or k2 if they had good deals for him... I think the only issues will be with top rank and duva

Comment

I think what we all want to know is if Haymon gravy train is over since Schaefer isn't enabling it anymore or does Haymon have a trick up his sleeve to keep operations steady and moving along

Comment

Of course he cares, he has a perference like everybody does in life but the question is will he be forced to deal with others. When GBP got the shaft from HBO he just went with the flow cause it doesnt hurt his money anyways the questions in when it does start to hurt his money which it will what is he going to do?

Comment

I wonder what percentage Golden Boy was getting from Al Haymon exclusive fighters. Were they just paying a relatively small fee ala Floyd?

Schaefer and Big Al are the epitome of the in-house model, despite Arum getting all the bad press about it. Look what happened as soon as Golden Boy and Top Rank were talking co-promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                As long as they are getting paid?

Do you think Haymon fighter will be allowed to cross promote with Top Rank?? It really makes no sense not to right?

It's kind of a new phenomenon that Haymon fighters even fight each other.. If people remember back 2-3 years ago,it was a running joke how they don't fight each other. Then again, his roster was no where near as deep as right now.
                Why would Top Rank co-promote and help out Haymon? Will Golden Boy even do that considering how badly Schaefer and Haymon screwed Oscar's company? I hope they freeze Haymon out he'll be a parasite without a host.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Why would Top Rank co-promote and help out Haymon? Will Golden Boy even do that considering how badly Schaefer and Haymon screwed Oscar's company? I hope they freeze Haymon out he'll be a parasite without a host.
                  That's not realistic because many fighters are signed to him. If Top Rank has interest in fighting Haymon advised fighters, they have no choice but to deal with him. Same with Golden Boy. The only thing they can do is make it more difficult for Haymon to conduct business as he prefers.

Comment

Working...
                  X