No announcement yet.

Greinke, quinton brawl.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greinke, quinton brawl.

Any body else think quinton is being vilified for no good reason? Why is this any different than any other baseball fight?

Greinke suffered a broken collar bone because of Quentin's attack.

Comment

Because most fights don't have an injured pitcher that costs like $4 mil a month. He didn't even get out of the way and the pitch wasn't even that far inside. The guy is a moron

Comment

Quinton is a f0cking punk

Comment

I guess i am in the minority on this one. But, i still feel the same. I really don't see why Zach's salary has anything to do with the matter. Because somebody is paid a lot, nobody can rush the mound on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
            I guess i am in the minority on this one. But, i still feel the same. I really don't see why Zach's salary has anything to do with the matter. Because somebody is paid a lot, nobody can rush the mound on him?
            It doesn matter what his salary is, he rushed the mound on a pitch he didn't try to avoid and broke the guys collarbone.

Comment

Your not required to avoid being hit by a pitch. I see your point, but there are other factors involved. Catcher was set up down and away, pitch ends up, up and high? Then Greinke proceeds to talk crap to quintero?

Comment

Your not required to avoid being hit by a pitch. I see your point, but there are other factors involved. Catcher was set up down and away, pitch ends up, up and high? Then Greinke proceeds to talk crap to quintero?
                Actually yes the batter is required to attempt to avoid getting hit by the pitch (MLB rule 6.08b). Quentin also crowds the plate like crazy witch is why he gets hit more then anybody. He wanted the rush the mound, he didn't even have to be hit and then breaks the guys collarbone. He should be suspended for as long as greinke is hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Actually yes the batter is required to attempt to avoid getting hit by the pitch (MLB rule 6.08b). Quentin also crowds the plate like crazy witch is why he gets hit more then anybody. He wanted the rush the mound, he didn't even have to be hit and then breaks the guys collarbone. He should be suspended for as long as greinke is hurt
                  Good to know about the rule. But it is never really enforced. Like i said, i see your point, but bar the injury nothing out of the ordinary happened. I guess i agree to disagree.

Comment

Good to know about the rule. But it is never really enforced. Like i said, i see your point, but bar the injury nothing out of the ordinary happened. I guess i agree to disagree.
                    Its still a rule and he turned into the pitch as well

You didn't see Kemp charge the mound when he had one up by his head. He turns into the pitch, gets hit in the meaty part of the arm and charges the mound. He was looking for a fight. Just because Grienke said something (allegedly) after he got hit? Why not just stand and woof at each other like a lot of other guys do. Hitters now want to wear all kinds of armor so they can hang out over the plate as much as the want and yet they get pissed when they get hit. When a hitter is that overly aggressive a pitcher NEEDS to throw inside to be effective.
                    Last edited by Russian Crushin; 04-12-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X