No announcement yet.

Whats the correct diet for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the correct diet for a boxer?

Back in the summer I thought the right way to eat as a boxer was to go low carb, high fat, moderate protein. About 2 months ago i started eating a more well balanced diet (40%protein, 40%carbs, 20%fat) and since ive included carbs in my diet I have alot more energy in the gym and now its not as hard to go to the the boxing gym 5 days a week. Anyways theres this guy on youtube who eats high carb low protein and low fat (hes a vegan) hes super cut like 3% body fat and hes a really good cyclist, he says that you only need 5% of your calories to come from protein, he says that protein bloats you and gives you heart diesease and a bunch of other ****, he did some blood tests and it all came back healthy he eats alot of fructose and sugary fruit that most people think gives you diabetes and makes you fat (he has like 600 carbs a day all from fruit). Normally i would just call bs on this guy but he has a pretty big fanbase and they all say that they eat just like him and are in great shape. Anyways as a boxer what is the correct diet?

Originally posted by MagicManMaurice View Post
    Back in the summer I thought the right way to eat as a boxer was to go low carb, high fat, moderate protein. About 2 months ago i started eating a more well balanced diet (40%protein, 40%carbs, 20%fat) and since ive included carbs in my diet I have alot more energy in the gym and now its not as hard to go to the the boxing gym 5 days a week. Anyways theres this guy on youtube who eats high carb low protein and low fat (hes a vegan) hes super cut like 3% body fat and hes a really good cyclist, he says that you only need 5% of your calories to come from protein, he says that protein bloats you and gives you heart diesease and a bunch of other ****, he did some blood tests and it all came back healthy he eats alot of fructose and sugary fruit that most people think gives you diabetes and makes you fat (he has like 600 carbs a day all from fruit). Normally i would just call bs on this guy but he has a pretty big fanbase and they all say that they eat just like him and are in great shape. Anyways as a boxer what is the correct diet?
    proper diet has to fit the specific needs for each boxer!adapted to the amount of training,sparring and ring activities!adapted to needs of the age of boxer!call me if you have general basic questions on basic diet!freelance coach andrefabre@3474826637!as always for the love of boxing!

Comment

Working...
    X