Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of these fighters deserve to be in the Hall of Fame???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Jose Luis Castillo, Stevie Johnston, Naseem Hamed, Shane Mosley, Antonio Margarito, and Winky Wright.

G. Hernandez' (38-2-1, 17 KO's): 2x Super Featherweight champ. Wins over Londas, Perez, Ramirez, Garcia, Nelson, C. Hernandez, and Gerena.

Corrales (40-5, 33 KO's): 2x Super Featherweight champ and 1x Lightweight champ. Wins over Garcia, Gainer, Juuko, Manfredy, Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo.

Hatton (45-2, 32 KO's): 2x Jr Welterweight champ and 1x Welterweight champ. Wins over Smith, Stewart, Tszyu, Maussa, Collazo, Urango, Castillo, Lazcano, and Malignaggi.

Cotto (37-2, 30 KO's): 1x Jr Welterweight champ, 2x Welterweight champ, and 1x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over Bazan, Maussa, Sosa, Pinto, Bailey, Torres, Branco, Malignaggi, Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Jennings, Clottey, Foreman, Mayorga, and Margarito.

Castillo (63-11-1, 54 KO's): 2x Lightweight champ. Wins over Johnston, Bazan, Lazcano, Casamayor, Diaz, Corrales, and Ngoudjo. Controversial loss to Mayweather.

Johnston (42-6, 18 KO's): 2x Lightweight champ. Wins over Mendy, Sakamoto, Scott, Baza, and Rios. Controversial loss to Castillo.

Hamed (36-1, 31 KO's): 2x Featherweight champ. Wins over Alicea, Molina, Kelley, Vasquez, Ingle, and Sanchez.

Margarito (38-8, 27 KO's): 3x Welterweight champ. Wins over Martinez, Diaz, Perez, Kyvelos, Cintron, Clottey, and Cotto.

Mosley (46-7, 39 KO's): 1x Lightweight champ, 3x Welterweight champ (1 was interim), and 1x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over Holiday, Molina, Morales, Leija, De La Hoya, Diaz, S. Taylor, Stone, Cruz, Vargas, Collazo, Mayorga, and Margarito.

Wright (51-5, 25 KO's): 3x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over McKart, Dodson, Mosley, Trinidad, and Quartey. Controversial losses to Simon and Vargas, and controversial draw with J. Taylor.

Which of these guys do you think deserve to be in the HOF????
    hmm...hall of fame and ATG status much different credentials

Winky and Cotto for sure.

Genaro Hernandez, yes

The HOF should NOT reward known cheaters Shane Mosley (otherwise would have said yes) and Antonio Margarito

I'm on the fence about Hatton. I think his losses to Manny and Floyd overshadow his body of work as a fighter. Still had some decent wins to his credit.

The rest of the guys, you can probably make a decent arguement either way

Comment

the two easiest decisions are wright and mosley. at their best they were two terrific fighters with some damn good wins.

they are getting in to the hall of fame. and i'd vote for them to get in on a pretty early ballot in all likelihood (depending of course on who else is going to be on the ballot. you can only vote ten times i believe, and i'm certain only three fighters get in each year.)

next two who will get in pretty easily are cotto and hatton

both had huge followings, were in very big fights, had been p4p for long periods.
      i think they'll get a bit more credit than they deserve and get in pretty quickly
      and of course cotto has the whole margarito thing to blame. he was never the same after that fight and it will certainly weigh on the decision.

i think hamed is eventually getting in as well
      everybody else is borderline
      sympathy votes for corales and hernandez

i wouldn't probably vote for anybody other than shane and winky early on, especially if there are other good candidates.

and margarito will never even sniff the hall.

Comment

mosley is in

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
          Mosley for sure.. Cotto will get in. maybe hatton.. i think thats it.
          Why dont we put Luis Resto while we're at it...

Comment

Cotto
            Hamed
            Mosley
            Wright do in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Cotto
              Hamed
              Mosley
              Wright do in my opinion.
              Agree DI BUSH BABEEE. . . Prolly not first balloters, but deserve to get the nod.

Comment

i say corrales and castillo get in just because of their first fight. what an epic classic, and probably my favorite fight. best fight i've ever seen. the 2 best lightweights in an all-out, back and forth, dramatic war. otherwise they would be borderline. they both had some nice wins (including each other), not first-ballot kind of guys though. i also thought castillo beat mayweather so extra bonus for him.

mosley, wright, and cotto for sure.

johnston and margarito, no.

hatton....maybe. again, not a first-ballot kind of guy. tszyu win was real good, collazo is an ok win but controversial. i think that WBA welterweight title helps his case a lot so he probably gets in. i personally wouldn't vote him.

i dont know enough about hernandez and wasn't really there for his prime years. i'm not familiar with the guys on his resume outside of mayweather, DLH, azumah nelson, jorge paez, and hernandez. but looking at his resume i kinda lean towards no. although prime hernandez is a very good win as i consider him to be underrated and had some losses that easily could have gone the other way.

hamed had 15 defenses of the WBO title and a 3x featherweight champion with good wins over kelley, mccullough, vazquez, sanchez...yes.

if it was me personally voting on the ballots: mosley, cotto, wright, corrales, castillo, and hamed.

Comment

If I had to say at some point who I would pick to get in: I'd say Cotto, Mosley, Corrales, Hatton, G. Hernandez, and Castillo.

Comment

i dont think any of them will get in. mosley would be the most deserving in my opinion. but hes got the whole drugs thing.

im not sure cotto should get in. vacant title after vacant title might hinder his chances.

hatton shouldnt get in. he didnt really beat collazo. and his best win is against an aged tszyu even if he was p4p number 2 at the time. just the same way people are slating calzaghes win over hopkins who was rated top 5 p4p at the time.

Comment

Mosley doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Juicers shouldn't get the privilege!

Comment

Working...
                      X