No announcement yet.

Legendary Juan Manuel Marquez aka The Greatest Mexican fighter of all times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoDinamita View Post
    Tell me this. What makes Ruben Olivares greater than Marquez?
    Maybe because Olivares is arguably the greatest Bantamweight of all time?

Or maybe because he outright beat more Top fighters than Marquez?

Or maybe because he just has a better resume than Marquez? By quite a Margin.

Olivares is not only arugbaly the greatest Bantamweight of all time but argubaly the greatest Mexican fighter of all time.

Marquez is no where near the greatest fighter in ANY division nor to come out of Mexico.

Comment

I love Sanchez but he tends to get over-glorified cuz he accomplished lot for the few years he fought but in reality, he beat a green Nelson and Gomez who's prime weight was at 122.

Finito i admire as u can tell but he was unfortunate to have been a small man fighting in an obscure division where no one cared about nor were there good competition.. He never had that career defining fight against a big name so he's definitely not above marquez. Marquez accomplished more than he did

Comment

Make history by becoming the first Mexican fighter to win titles in 4 division, then beat the winner of Bradley/Khan then booom, he officially becomes the greatest Mexican to ever lace em up..

Take it up a notch and if he beats PAcman in a trilogy, he goes down as the Greatest of all times. Even greater than Robinson and Duran..

This guy is more legandary

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Maybe because Olivares is arguably the greatest Bantamweight of all time?

Or maybe because he outright beat more Top fighters than Marquez?

Or maybe because he just has a better resume than Marquez? By quite a Margin.

Olivares is not only arugbaly the greatest Bantamweight of all time but argubaly the greatest Mexican fighter of all time.

Marquez is no where near the greatest fighter in ANY division nor to come out of Mexico.
          Well said. Also, the people of Mexico loved Ruben Olivares, he was very popular and was in all kinds of movies and s***.

Comment

Salvador Sanches.........yes,maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
              Chavez Sr>>>> Morales>>>>Barrera>>>>....... Marquez..... not even close....
              You forgot a lot of names in between Chavez sr and Morales....lol

Ever heard of Sanchez, Finito Lopez, Carlos Zarate, Ruben Olivares.....

Oh man, young kids have a lot to learn.

Comment

I love Sanchez but he tends to get over-glorified cuz he accomplished lot for the few years he fought but in reality, he beat a green Nelson and Gomez who's prime weight was at 122.

Finito i admire as u can tell but he was unfortunate to have been a small man fighting in an obscure division where no one cared about nor were there good competition.. He never had that career defining fight against a big name so he's definitely not above marquez. Marquez accomplished more than he did
                Lopez had 21 defenses at 105 and is considered the greatest strawweight of all time.

Comment

Tell me this. What makes Ruben Olivares greater than Marquez?
                  What makes Marquez greater than Barrera or Morales? Beating Juan Diaz?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    Lopez had 21 defenses at 105 and is considered the greatest strawweight of all time.
                    u know, unofficially, Marquez is 2-0 against Pacman who's already considered by many people as the greatest little man. NOt only that but he constantly challenged himself by moving up in weight to conquer bigger fighters.. And his next victory at a titleshot would make him the first Mexican to hold 4 titles.

Marquez definitely accomplished more than Lopez.

Comment

no way, no offense to Marquez but hes not even better than Barrera or Morales. and thats not taking into account Chavez, Sanchez, Lopez, Saldivar, Olivares, Zarate....

I respect the hell out of Marquez, but its just that Mexico has produced some ****ing top notch fighters that were simply better than him.

Comment

Working...
                      X