Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse To Critics: Put on Gloves, Get To Where I Am!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
    i dont think so neither BUT the fans of these "KO artists" NEVER hold back on other fighters QUITTING. so they shouldnt receive any slack neither its not about matthysse for me bc i respect ANY ATHLETE who chances not coming out that ring the same as they went in. i H.A.T.E. biased ass fans thats all
    What you say is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      It's perfectly sensible for a person to not want to continue after something like that so I don't fault him for throwing the towel. As a father and husband, he has his future to think about. But as a fighter, he still gets downgraded in my book. He's gone soft. We saw his upper limit for pain, and it simply wasn't good enough. At least not good enough for what's unreasonably required for fighters to be great. He's still very good, has had a career to be proud of, and I favor him over most 140 pounders. But seeing him plateau like that while still in his prime was depressing.
      This right here. I find no fault in his decision.

But he lacks the inhuman " I get the **** up " quality someone like JMM has. Just doesnt have it. He is still a top boxer, but lacks extra gears

Comment

Originally posted by damian War View Post
        maybe lucas could have finished the fight if he used the same kind of steroids berto uses. seriously you could have chosen a better example man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          maybe lucas could have finished the fight if he used the same kind of steroids berto uses. seriously you could have chosen a better example man.
          lucas a cheating coward.. berto fought blind.. enough said. he saw no strategy to win so he checked out, thats not a warrior, thats a p*ssy.

Comment

Originally posted by damian War View Post
            lucas a cheating coward.. berto fought blind.. enough said. he saw no strategy to win so he checked out, thats not a warrior, thats a p*ssy.
            Sorry, how is he a cheating coward? Also, having difficulty seeing because of a swollen eye is not as traumatic as not being able to see out of a open eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              Provodnikov, Margarito and Gatti took much more punishment than Lucas and they didnt quit.

Lucas can do whatever he wants, because its his health, but he aint a machine and fearless warrior like we have thought.

Comment

people act like matthysse hasnt fought with a badly swollen eye

going temporarily blind and feeling a pop in your head is very different from that

Comment

However the "put on gloves" line is always kind of lame... Criticizing him is their job, just like beating people up is his job. Both jobs are dumb on the grand scale but the sports industry is ultimately part of the entertainment industry.
                  Last edited by ////; 10-06-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Sorry, how is he a cheating coward? Also, having difficulty seeing because of a swollen eye is not as traumatic as not being able to see out of a open eye.
                    Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                    people act like matthysse hasnt fought with a badly swollen eye

going temporarily blind and feeling a pop in your head is very different from that
                    nothing but the truth, lucas a cheating coward? lol

Comment

Lucas surely will ask for a rematch and we'll be lucky if top rank approves it. that's not giving up, its the art of war.. lose the battle now and prepare for war once you recover..

Comment

Working...
                      X