Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you care if a boxer is a "weight bully"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you make the weight, you can fight at that weight

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      yes the PED juiced mosley
      Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      he did not have concrete gloves during the mosely fight or the cotto fight. cottos trainer signed the wraps and mosely should have been jailed for almost killing margarito

Did Mosley pop for the margarito fight? No?

Regardless who gives a ****, doesn’t matter to the thread topic, I just like it when weight bullies finally get dealt with and was just using margarito v Mosley as an example.

Sorry if margarito triggered you

Comment

As long as they meet all the rules in place, I don't really care.

If a guy misses weight (ie Broner) or doesn't follow sanctioning rules (ie Jacobs), I'd probably complain a bit. Catchweights are fine by me for non title fights but if it's a title fight, I think it gotta be at the full weight.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
          You can't blame Jaime, truth is Ali is at fault. He should be in a lower weight class. He wanted to chase belts at higher weights, you can't blame the opponents for natural size advantages.
          Yeah, Munguia is big for the weight but so are Hurd and Charlo. It just made it look huge because Ali was fighting a division higher than he should because of the belt.

Comment

I don't like the weigh in the day before the fight and I think same day weigh ins were much better. However weighing in the afternoon before the fight is now the rules. I don't think there is such a thing as a weight bully. I think it's a term some fans made up to discredit boxers they don't like. If a boxer makes the contracted weight then he has stayed within the current rules and cheated or bullied nobody. A boxer can only gain so much weight in 32 hours without doing himself more harm than good. If a boxer finds himself outweighed on fight night then drop down to a lower weight class. Their are 17 different weight classes and many are only a few pounds apart. Blame the current weigh in rules if you want but don't blame the boxers who follow the rules and cheat or bully nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              Yea i do care. Ali-Munguia for instance..
              Did Munguia do something wrong or bully poor little Ali? If so please explain what he did wrong.It's not his fault if Ali fights above his best weight and is a weak champion. Munguia just comfortably made weight and then kicked ass. He is no bully and was willing to fight GGG. I like him.

Comment

A little, yeah. I want a boxer to win because he's better than the other guy. Not because he's bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  No i only call someone a weight bully if they miss weight on the scales
                  Exactly this, as long as a fighter makes the weight no one can complain about it being a weight mismatch.

Comment

Of course.. there are serval light heavyweights in the middle weight division now.
                    Last edited by jabbbbb; 10-04-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

i think people overall want to see 2 guys fight who are the same or very close in weight and not a comp to see who can dry themselves out the most and rehydrate again which brings in play body types etc, maybe i'm missing something but why not just bring in stricter rehydrate limits, the ibf have made a start on it, weight classes exist for a reason, not an exercise to find ways to bypass them in a way

Comment

Working...
                      X