No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook's TV Ratings Continue To Impress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook's TV Ratings Continue To Impress

By Terence Dooley - Eddie Hearn of Matchroom reached out BoxingScene to confirm that Kell Brook’s gruelling twelve-round majority decision win over America’s Carson Jones has netted impressive viewing figures for Sky Sports. Brook moved to 28-0 (18) courtesy of a 114-114, 116-113, 115-113 victory despite picking up a broken nose and shipping some big punches from Jones, now 34-9-2 (24).

Hearn has sent through a figure of 566,000 (via Kantar Media) with BARB expected to unveil a peak of around 530,000, which are remarkable numbers for a bill that did not feature a world title and a sign, perhaps, that Sky’s decision to go for fewer shows yet pack them with more title action is going to reap dividends despite some reservations over the network’s new boxing strategy. [Click Here To Read More]

These appear to be healthy figures, but the concern with Sky putting all its eggs in the Eddie Hearn basket is what about when neither Froch or Brook are fighting? Ok there's also Prizefighter which typically does well, but beyond that the roster of name fighters/fights looks to be a little thin.

Comment

better than i thought as Tyson Fury was fighting on channel five and Wlad was fighting on boxnation at the same time

Comment

Anything that comes from Eddie Hearn..
        I Have hard time trusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Afiln View Post
          Anything that comes from Eddie Hearn..
          I Have hard time trusting.
          BARBs numbers match what Hearn has been saying. He's speaking in terms of peak viewers and BARB has the fights averaging 300-400k

Comment

Impressive numbers but his performance was far from impressive.

Comment

Working...
            X