No announcement yet.

Pac training like rocky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac training like rocky

Every boxer thinks he’s Rocky Balboa, at least the Rocky who’s beating on a side of frozen beef, climbing a Siberian mountain or running after a grease-lightning-fast chicken. The one who makes primitive training seem wise and heroic.

On the most recent edition of HBO’s “24/7,” at least one member of Manny Pacquiao’s camp brought up a different kind of Balboa – the one who had grown rich and famous and distracted at the start of “Rocky III.” That Rocky joked with reporters at training camp, posed for pictures with celebrities and didn’t fully commit to his training.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...pacquiao110410

It's true.
    But maybe they are just making it seem like hes not training hard to mess with Margs or some ****.

Comment

wow the interview video on that link was horrid

Comment

I still think they're playing up the whole thing for it to be a bigger issue than what it may be on the surface. I stated this earlier, if Pacquiao's training was legitimately going THAT bad, I think things would be much more on the hush more than the trainer saying "This is the worst training camp".

Comment

I always liked Rocky III because of that part, I always thought it was very applicable to when every fighter get to that point of their career.

You never want to see a true killer in the ring once you get used to sleeping on sating sheets. I think it is debateable if Margarito at this point is a true killer but he is certainly the hungrier man.

Comment

No comparison. Manny's never been in as a tough matchup as Rocky has been against the tall Russian Ivan Drago.

Comment

Working...
            X