No announcement yet.

Remembering Rafael Ruelas vs Freddie Pendleton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Rafael Ruelas vs Freddie Pendleton

One of the greatest fights you're likely to see. A brutal match and a great story in both cases.

Rafael Ruelas was a rising star with a huge fanbase, having been a great exciting prospect before losing once previously. He had made a great comeback to get his first title against Freddie Pendleton.

Pendelton of course was a late bloomer, having been a journeyman at 10-8-3 or something for a number of years before knocking out the next Tommy Hearns in Tyrone Trice in the first round and then deciding to take boxing seriously.

He came up the very hard way, losing a few more then going unbeaten against some top competition and winning his title.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour right now and go find it and watch it.

Anyway, who do you think won? Was the decision just or was it terrible? Discuss.

It was a good fight. Almost over in the first. I remember thinking after the fight Pendleton won, but I haven't watch it since it happened and might change my mind if I watched it now. If I remember right, there were a couple questionable calls that night.

Comment

Working...
    X