No announcement yet.

boxing and eyesight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing and eyesight

are there any regulations on how poor your eyesight is in boxing? do a lot of medical exams that fighters take include eye exams? thx if you can help.

/

i have bad eye sight myslef i wear contact lenses for boxing and sparring i dont have medical yet but ive been told you cant fight with bad eye sight or contact lenses, so the otnly other options is to lie to the person taking your medical and say you dont wear contacts or try and pass the test (if you dont have contacts) or lasewr eye treatment or tell them.

im 100 percent sure tho so i may be wrong about bad eyes neva done the test myslef and diffrent rules in diffrent arts of world

Comment

I box with contacts in. But laser out treatment is out of the quesiton. Getting hit in the head can screw it all up.

Comment

Well i have Sharingan.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTitan View Post
          I box with contacts in. But laser out treatment is out of the quesiton. Getting hit in the head can screw it all up.
          what happens if you get laser eye treatment and then box?

Comment

Originally posted by legacyofbrutality View Post
            what happens if you get laser eye treatment and then box?

From Wikipedia.

With procedures that create a permanent flap in the cornea (such as LASIK), there is also the possibility of accidental traumatic flap displacement years after the surgery, with potentially disastrous results if not given prompt medical attention.

This makes me nervous. I thought Id be able to fight with contacts in. I hate the thought of not being able to.

Comment

You guys don't know what you are talking about.

You can wear contacts, but if you loose one during the fight you must continue without it.

Comment

hmm

what about having the corner man carry an extra pair just in case. a minute is more than enough time for him to put one in

Comment

so far iv been lucky and lost more than one occasion my contacts during sparring and not in a fight

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTitan View Post
                    From Wikipedia.

With procedures that create a permanent flap in the cornea (such as LASIK), there is also the possibility of accidental traumatic flap displacement years after the surgery, with potentially disastrous results if not given prompt medical attention.

This makes me nervous. I thought Id be able to fight with contacts in. I hate the thought of not being able to.
                    but if im not mistaken, there are other forms of laser eye surgery

the ones the soliders get prevent things like this i believe. i forgot what it was called tho

Comment

Working...
                    X