No announcement yet.

UFC is Hawaii bound...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC is Hawaii bound...

According to UFC President Dana White, the plan for the UFC’s first ever show in Hawaii was to have former lightweight and welterweight champion B.J. Penn headline a card at the Aloha Bowl.

Unfortunately when Penn lost to Nick Diaz at UFC 137 last October, the Hawaiian has opted to take some much needed time off and it threw a bit of a monkey wrench into their plans.

“We’re still working on that, but we want to do it. I was kind of hoping to go to Hawaii again and do a B.J. (Penn) fight at the Aloha Bowl, but B.J. wants to take some time off. He’s going to relax for a while,” White revealed about the UFC going to Hawaii.

“We’re coming regardless,” said White. “But that was the fight I really wanted to do there.”
    MMAweekly.com

Too bad they won't use Hawaii's MMA rule set. They should get Mayhem on the card though. Maybe against Okami or Herman. Hell even a Jake Shields rematch...

Comment

2006 called.

E

Comment

Did they ask if you where still a douchebag? Article was posted 5 days ago...

Comment

So Hawaii, India and Japan coming up. Nice. I would love a UFC in Holland in the future.

Comment

Jesus, boxing needs to take a page out of the UFC's book.

This whole thing in boxing where big fights are exclusive to AC and Las Vegas (sometimes MSG) is ridiculous. Whenever the UFC comes to town they make an event out of it for the weekend and it always sells out and leaves a great impression. Those guys are good at business.

Comment

I do not give three ****s when the article was posted. This would have been news in 2006. It is not 2006 anymore; therefore, this is not news. What is next: hyping a Belfort v Wand rematch. Oh wait ... disregard. Either you hang off the nuts of Miss Dana, or you speak truth. One cannot do both. You know which you are.

UFC in Hawai'i. In 2012? Big ****ing deal. They have been talking about this since the mid-2000s. Who ****ing cares?

E

Comment

You obviously care enough to open the thread, read the article and leave your smart ass comments. What the **** does Dana have to do with anything. Go back to sherdog dude...

Comment

what's with all the testosterone here

Comment

I think it's cool. Should probably get Phan on the card or at least undercard.

I'd like to see Dan Hardy vs Martin Kampmann. Let's get that shit at Hawaii where they love good scraps.

Comment

Working...
                    X