• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    This is how the Treasury raises money

https://www.frbservices.org/treasury.../auctions.html

Here’s a description of the process

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv...ons_glance.htm

ALL of these investors expect repayment as securities would be worthless otherwise

From time to time, the Fed has purchased securities on open market and does so to increase money supply/stimulate economy

It also sells on open market when it’s looking to slow things down

However, the majority of the debt is held by others

https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-...l-debt-3306124

What’s more, in all of these transactions, real money changes hands and therefore it’s not correct to say that it’s not in circulation either

again the money that is in circulation for the country is borrowed from the federal reserve bank... it has to be paid back with interest...

if you borrow $100 and you have to pay back $110
    you would have to borrow another $100 to cover that extra cost
    and then that interest would be transfered to lets say a new account for that borrower.

its a rinse and repeat cycle that has no end.

thats what im talking about that you do not know of.....

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Of course, with me being a white conservative, I didn't read you correctly, but when you mentioned to Boston Guy about "not doing what's right", I assumed you meant that impeachment was what's right.

As far as continuing the divisiveness, I have to imagine that the more intelligent, better educated, more cultured liberals would be able to conduct themselves better than the poor, ignorant, toothless white trailer trash Republicans.
      LMFAO! I like you! That will not work. IMO Dems need to eschew the Michelle Obama doctrine and establish a new one. Dems simply can't sit back and say "well we did it the right way" while continuing to lose.

We exist in a political world in America where there is only winning and losing. Compromise and teamwork no longer seem to exist. It would be foolish for Dems to try and reason and form bonds with unreasonable people from gerrymandered districts who got voted into office to fight and block.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

again the money that is in circulation for the country is borrowed from the federal reserve bank... it has to be paid back with interest...

and then that interest would be transfered to lets say a new account for that borrower.

Let’s ignore the question of the source of US government funding

You’re correct in saying that the country is in a seemingly never ending debt cycle

However, that’s as a result of decisions made by a number of different administrations as there’s nothing stopping them from at least attempting to balance the books

Unfortunately, they’ve chosen to ignore the debt problem in exactly the same way as they have ignored healthcare, illegal immigration, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Fixed that for ya, 'counselor'.
            Thank you nonjew.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Sometimes I block things out that I don't particularly consider important or relevant or interesting. This morning as I drove to work - I usually listen to NPR - and they were interviewing voters in California about the congressional elections. One women was pro Trump (she was actually Japanese, yeah can you believe it) and she said that she's voting republican because if the Democrats get control of the house then they will push for impeachment.

Later this morning I was listening to Glenn Beck and he said the same thing (democrats will push for impeachment) and additionally democrats will push to impeach Kavanaugh and the country will be more divided.

I guess I wasn't paying this too much attention - democrats controlling the congress and pushing for impeachment. I am really fearful of this and think this really impacts the social cohesion of this country and makes us more divided.

What do other people think of this (the prospect of impeachment)?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                The country isn't going to heal or come together by Democrats just letting Republicans have their way. I think if impeachment happens and Republicans get upset, so be it. I see no reason why Democrats need to sit back and do nothing.

Democrats should operate the same way Republicans do if they get control-block Trump's agenda and keep the country at a stand still until a Democrat is elected President.

It is disingenuous to want to stop petty and devise politics only when the party you support loses power.
                Well said!
                BostonGuy comes across as perfunctory most times, so don't pay him much mind. If he was a car, he would only have one gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Yeah. There seems to be 2 sets of rules. If Dems continue to allow that then they are fools. I respect Michelle Obama but it's time to go low when they go low.

There is no virtue in losing with dignity in America anymore.
                  Or as Eric Holder said, when they go low, kick 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

The Fed buys back debts, you know?

Comment

• The NPC memes are hilarious and so true,,,, it’s legit, I can name at least 3 posters on here that it fits... too funny

Comment

Working...
                      X