Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me with a routine plz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with a routine plz?

ive got the Championships on Saturday so ive taken the week of work to rest and train.
    im wanting to be eating total decent food this week, i dont want to weight in over weight, and i dont want to eat one drop of un decent food this week.

So can someone , or a few of you (who know what your on about , Kingdosia, Punchdrunk, Leff, Fraidycat etc )

help me with a few things im not sure on.

Sleep, i want to be sleeping 8 hours huh? any less and i wll be tired and any more and i will be lazy?

Training, i think i should go out a few road runs and ease off as the week gets on, im going to training on tuesday night to get a good night of sparring in, and thursday im going to take it nice and easy, and im just gonna go watch on friday and get a good nights sleep for saturday morning.

Food.
    i know whats good for you and whats not, to an extent, not as much as some of you guys but id rather have you guys tell me what to eat, but alot of the stuff i have seen mentioned in other threads i dont like.
    so im going to post a list of the food i like and someone could maybe write up a timetable for me, telling me what to eat and when.

Foods
    Tuna
    Chicken
    Ham
    Cheese
    Bananas
    Apples
    Pears
    Oranges
    Pasta
    Rice
    Curry
    ham salad or tuna salad on brown rolls
    Soup (just about everykind except chicken noddle)
    Porradge oats (with semi skimmed milk and water)
    Special K
    Weetabix
    Beans
    Lasanya (i know the spelling incorrect lol)
    Pasta bake ( Pasta mixed with mince meat and tomato soup, put in the ovan with cheese on the top)
    penne pasta
    Spaghetti bolonaise
    Macaroni cheese
    Potatoes
    Carrots (boiled)
    Brocoli, Coliflour , Cabbage, Turnip
    Haggis
    (for snacks i usually have )
    Fruit, Mostly apples or bananas
    Apple and sultana go ahead slices 1.3g fat per slice
    Flapjack
    Harvest bar
    slice of brown toast with penut butter
    (drinks)
    Fresh orange juice
    Fresh apple juice
    Fizzy orange lucozade
    Flavoured water (volvic touch of fruit)
    Diluiting orange juice

Thanks
    Sorry about the spelling lol

Bump plz .........................

Comment

Originally posted by Manfredo Jr View Post
      ive got the Championships on Saturday so ive taken the week of work to rest and train.
      im wanting to be eating total decent food this week, i dont want to weight in over weight, and i dont want to eat one drop of un decent food this week.

So can someone , or a few of you (who know what your on about , Kingdosia, Punchdrunk, Leff, Fraidycat etc )

help me with a few things im not sure on.

Sleep, i want to be sleeping 8 hours huh? any less and i wll be tired and any more and i will be lazy?

Training, i think i should go out a few road runs and ease off as the week gets on, im going to training on tuesday night to get a good night of sparring in, and thursday im going to take it nice and easy, and im just gonna go watch on friday and get a good nights sleep for saturday morning.

Food.
      i know whats good for you and whats not, to an extent, not as much as some of you guys but id rather have you guys tell me what to eat, but alot of the stuff i have seen mentioned in other threads i dont like.
      so im going to post a list of the food i like and someone could maybe write up a timetable for me, telling me what to eat and when.

Foods
      Tuna
      Chicken
      Ham
      Cheese
      Bananas
      Apples
      Pears
      Oranges
      Pasta
      Rice
      Curry
      ham salad or tuna salad on brown rolls
      Soup (just about everykind except chicken noddle)
      Porradge oats (with semi skimmed milk and water)
      Special K
      Weetabix
      Beans
      Lasanya (i know the spelling incorrect lol)
      Pasta bake ( Pasta mixed with mince meat and tomato soup, put in the ovan with cheese on the top)
      penne pasta
      Spaghetti bolonaise
      Macaroni cheese
      Potatoes
      Carrots (boiled)
      Brocoli, Coliflour , Cabbage, Turnip
      Haggis
      (for snacks i usually have )
      Fruit, Mostly apples or bananas
      Apple and sultana go ahead slices 1.3g fat per slice
      Flapjack
      Harvest bar
      slice of brown toast with penut butter
      (drinks)
      Fresh orange juice
      Fresh apple juice
      Fizzy orange lucozade
      Flavoured water (volvic touch of fruit)
      Diluiting orange juice

Thanks
      Sorry about the spelling lol

You are a week away from a championship event and you have to ask questions like this? I am sorry that you are getting such poor quality trianing that you don't know the things you should have learned months ago. It would be rather presumptuous for anybody to give you this sort of advice so close to an event. Pre-event preparation is done on an individiual basis, and there is no possible way for somebody in an internet fourm to know your situation and what you are up against. Sadly you are on your own. I hope things work out well for you.

Comment

My recommendation would be to train light, spar light, and eat light. Stretch. Keep the tank full, i.e., eat small amounts throughout the day. No heavy meals. Sleep as much as you need to; sleep the night before the fight is the really critical one. If you're more than a couple days out, a backrub or massage would be good. Don't get a massage the day before or the day of the fight.

What you've listed for food looks pretty good. Except the haggis.

Comment

Just so you know man, Its ( I think ) 8 hours of sleep for an adult, 10 for a teenager. ( normally not for boxing but Im guessing will be the same. )

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
            Just so you know man, Its ( I think ) 8 hours of sleep for an adult, 10 for a teenager. ( normally not for boxing but Im guessing will be the same. )
            I sleep 10-12 hours on Saturday night, before my "rest day" on Sunday. Maybe that's for old guys.

Comment

I think it depends on the person.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                I think it depends on the person.
                ofcourse its depends on the person but in general a teenager needs more sleep than a man in his thirties like fraidy.

7-9hours (try to sleep until you wake by yourself).

most off your foods looks nice, but youst before the match i would stay away from slow digestive foods and foods that well make you keep more waterweight like redmeat,fat,sugar,salt and spice.

i useally eat pasta with chicken the night before and have otahporridege with bannanas for the breakfast the day of the fight.

you can have som tough sparring early this week than ease down to slow jogging and technical and easy sparring.

ohhh and stay away from strength training.
                '
                the 1-2 days before the bout off ore maybe just some shadowboxing

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                  You are a week away from a championship event and you have to ask questions like this? I am sorry that you are getting such poor quality trianing that you don't know the things you should have learned months ago. It would be rather presumptuous for anybody to give you this sort of advice so close to an event. Pre-event preparation is done on an individiual basis, and there is no possible way for somebody in an internet fourm to know your situation and what you are up against. Sadly you are on your own. I hope things work out well for you.
                  Poor quality training, im amatuer not pro, our trainers aint gonna tell us what to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
                    ofcourse its depends on the person but in general a teenager needs more sleep than a man in his thirties like fraidy.

7-9hours (try to sleep until you wake by yourself).

most off your foods looks nice, but youst before the match i would stay away from slow digestive foods and foods that well make you keep more waterweight like redmeat,fat,sugar,salt and spice.

i useally eat pasta with chicken the night before and have otahporridege with bannanas for the breakfast the day of the fight.

you can have som tough sparring early this week than ease down to slow jogging and technical and easy sparring.

ohhh and stay away from strength training.
                    '
                    the 1-2 days before the bout off ore maybe just some shadowboxing
                    thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                    X