Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: Monroe No Warrior, He Quit With Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: Monroe No Warrior, He Quit With Golovkin

WBO Middleweight World Champion Billy Joe Saunders will make the second defence of his crown against New York's Willie Monroe Jr on Saturday 16th September at London's Copper Box Arena, live on BT Sport and BoxNation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Imagine if Monroe Jr wins along with Golovkin and we see GGG-Monroe 2 for the undisputed title. Lmao!

Comment

Still shocked that Lemieux didn't want that work! Where's Danny Jacobs? Why didn't he jump at this title shot? Why did Rob Brant go to 168? Where's Lara? WTF? Could it be that Saunders is better than I thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Still shocked that Lemieux didn't want that work! Where's Danny Jacobs? Why didn't he jump at this title shot? Why did Rob Brant go to 168? Where's Lara? WTF? Could it be that Saunders is better than I thought?
        in a word

no

Comment

Jacobs never got the offer. Saunders is stuck fighting mandatories and don't want to get ****ed up.

Comment

Saunders is a very smart boxer, good ring IQ and good boxing skills.

The only problem is that he's apparently been drinking really heavily for the past 18 months, getting fat and living an awful lifestyle. That's why he's moved away from where he lives and gone up to train with Ingle, to get away from bad habits and distractions.

If he can get back to his best, he will give pretty much every top middleweight good fight.

Comment

Goddd, I want Monroe to win so bad. Billy Joe is such a tart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Jacobs never got the offer. Saunders is stuck fighting mandatories and don't want to get ****ed up.
                I love Jacobs! Very humble man! However, this was the time to talk trash, and do a little self-promotion! Maybe Al has something better for him? I just thought that since Khurtsidze was in the same stable, and couldn't fight (legal probems), Jacobs would step right in there!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  in a word

no
                  I just don't get it!!! Lemieux was ranked #2, Brant ranked #4, and they went a different path! WHY?

Comment

Still shocked that Lemieux didn't want that work! Where's Danny Jacobs? Why didn't he jump at this title shot?
                    Lemieux is in the Canelo sweepstakes & probably got the eye wink from Oscar that they got him on tap for a May fight or sometime soon if Canelo is gonna be more active. Plus lets not act like he didn't kinda look like dog sh^t his last time out. He had wayyyy to hard of a time vs that guy.

Jacobs is supposedly in the running for Chavez Jr in December which probably pays better + is a easier fight. And I also think he had some stuff going on & had said pretty much from the end of the GGG fight that he wasn't looking to fight again anytime soon & was taking some time off. For a guy who almost died I'm sure life>boxing all day every day. Matter of fact I think a lot of what he was doing these days was charity stuff.

Why did Rob Brant go to 168?
                    If he wins his next 3 fights he's got $10M in his bank account. If he wins one fight he's probably taking home $2M or close to it (1M W bonus for quarterfinal fights) which is probably a huge jump up from what he's been paid. And nothing was happening for him at 160. Seems like a worthwhile move & not even much of a gamble. And he did luck out & get a good draw with a winnable first match & if Callum Smith gets upset then Brant could have a damn near walk to the finals & make about $7M or so even if he loses to Eubank or Groves in the finals.

Where's Lara? WTF?
                    Was Lara made a legit offer? I'd assume he wouldn't be opposed with a 1M+ type offer to fight BJS for a 160lb strap, but he his technically still a 154lber & supposedly those guys are gonna start fighting each other soon & we haven't really heard that in the past while many of us fans, myself included, have been saying wtf about 154 where PBC has all the puzzle pieces, but won't put it together.

Could it be that Saunders is better than I thought?
                    Depends what you thought of BJS before. Personally I've had a high opinion of him for years & my current opinion of him is actually worse than its previously been due to inactivity & his eating/health habits & I feel he's wasting a decent portion of his career as of late for no good reason. BJS last year or so of his career would be like if Ali lost a year of his career to a little debbie snack cake addiction. Its embarrassing. I hope he gets/gots his sh^t together now.

Comment

Working...
                    X