No announcement yet.

toronto blue jays will get to the playoffs in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    With the extra spot, they got a chance. The AL Cent is weak so really you gotta figure Tigers, Angels, Rangers, Yankees, Bo Sox, and Toronto will be the teams in or on the verge.
    the extra spot? what exactly is it? i thought the extra wild card was next year...i'll have to read up about it.

Comment

Things just never work out for Toronto

3rd place aint bad

Comment

....excuse me, i meant 4th place.

Comment

...At least its better then the Orioles

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            the extra spot? what exactly is it? i thought the extra wild card was next year...i'll have to read up about it.
            It happens this year. IMO, the Jays have a good chance because Boston is hot garbage this year. I think you can lock the Tigers, Rangers, Angels, and Yankees in the playoffs. Then you have the Rays, Jays, and Red Sox fighting for that final spot. Won't be easy because the Rays are tough but it is somewhat doable. Will depend on how the young kids like Lawrie come through.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              i don't think the yankees will make the post season. im more worried about boston then either the yankees, rays or angels.rays lack offence & the angels are also getting long in the tooth. yes they have pujols but he is 33 & let's see how he adjusts to a new league of pitchers. they also have several injury prone vets but they have a great starting 3...it's going to be great races in the AL...
              I'll bet u 700k that Yankees will make the playoffs .
              Tb has a top 3 staff from 1-5 in the league.red sox basically lost their closer for the year and just because valentine is in,it won't get them over the hump it means they are desperate after that late season melt down.the Angels are in a terrible division so it's easier to get easy wins against mariners and a's consistently.blue jays has aight offense but that back end of rotation will end up biting them in the end late.

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                I'll bet u 700k that Yankees will make the playoffs .
                Tb has a top 3 staff from 1-5 in the league.red sox basically lost their closer for the year and just because valentine is in,it won't get them over the hump it means they are desperate after that late season melt down.the Angels are in a terrible division so it's easier to get easy wins against mariners and a's consistently.blue jays has aight offense but that back end of rotation will end up biting them in the end late.
                The Red Sox seriously might come in 4th. Their starting pitching is awful. Get to see the Red Sox play the Tigers on Sunday. I'm super geeked to watch Fielder and Cabrera rip apart that staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  The Red Sox seriously might come in 4th. Their starting pitching is awful. Get to see the Red Sox play the Tigers on Sunday. I'm super geeked to watch Fielder and Cabrera rip apart that staff.
                  I really think Tampa will be 2nd place out the east if they stay healthy.their staff is top notch plus with upton,longoria and Ben they have a good core to put some runs up enough to win those 3-2, 2-1 games..Angels will get that last spot, they wil get that jolt from pujols signing and make everyone play better.that new England team really still reeling from last years end and it shows not only from losing their gm but hiring valentine.I really was hoping fielder would go to the NL.how is that relationship between him an his pops now? U got tickets for a couple of games thIs year?

Comment

2 extra wild card teams added. the 2 wild card play a 1 game playoff then they divisional series starts. im all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                      I really think Tampa will be 2nd place out the east if they stay healthy.their staff is top notch plus with upton,longoria and Ben they have a good core to put some runs up enough to win those 3-2, 2-1 games..Angels will get that last spot, they wil get that jolt from pujols signing and make everyone play better.that new England team really still reeling from last years end and it shows not only from losing their gm but hiring valentine.I really was hoping fielder would go to the NL.how is that relationship between him an his pops now? U got tickets for a couple of games thIs year?
                      Tampa should get second place, but I'm not counting the Jays out. Do think Tampa gets it though.

I don't think they talk tbh. Seems like they are still at odds because Prince doesn't ever take questions about it and of course since signing here he has been asked a lot about it.

Only got tickets to Sundays game and with the new job I work noon to 9 usually, so the only games I can really go to is on weekends. Saturday games are all sold out but usually Sunday games are easy to get. I'll try to go to as many games as possible and I might be changing positions again so it might free up more time. As it stands now though, I'll probably only be able to see them live a handful of times. I'm pretty excited to wear my new Prince Tigers shirt though. Thursday is opening day so work is making everyone wear Tiger stuff and grilling hot dogs and burgers. Rather be at the game though.

Comment

Working...
                      X