No announcement yet.

No matter how hard Broner tries, he will never have charisma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No matter how hard Broner tries, he will never have charisma

and I feel like that's why people really hate on him. Anyone can rehearse one-liners, come out rapping, but there's one thing lacking and that's CHARISMA. It's what boxing entertainers like Floyd and prince have.

Floyd fans/haters will all come to the agreement is he is damn charismatic. IMO, Floyd is the most charismatic boxer to ever live right next to ALI. He can give a simple interview and people will listen and diagnose every word and have threads on NSB 10 pages long. THat's charisma. Broner speaks but has no personality. just one-liners, he sounds dumb as a rock, I find it hard to believe this guy will ever develop HARDCORE fans.

Comment

It's because he forces it in an awkward, fumbling way and HBO tries really hard to sell it. He very well might have charisma some day, but his personality is a trainwreck at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        It's because he forces it in an awkward, fumbling way and HBO tries really hard to sell it. He very well might have charisma some day, but his personality is a trainwreck at the moment.
        the guy doesn't have any personality at all and has the IQ of a 13 year old. Have you heard this guys interviews? they are unbearable to watch.

Comment

Just pray he never gets 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by Monu View Post
            I don't think I would be able to watch it and I've seen all the boxing "24/7";s including all the showtime ones with euro fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Monu View Post
              God forbid If he does...
              Perhaps the Ricky Burns Vs Broner could be a 24/7 kind of thing that they might want to do because it would be a big fight!

Adrien Broner has a little bit of charisma and by that I do mean a very little amount, he doesn't carry himself in the same way as a Muhammad Ali and I don't think anyone ever could mimic that of Ali.
              He's just lining himself up for a big fall because everyone will be laughing when he does lose, he's definitely not like Mayweather in anyway he's beatable!

Comment

I totally agree with the thread title. But I don't agree with what you said after. Floyd doesn't have enough charisma to wipe the GOAT's arse with. Guys like Lewis, Naz and Oscar all had miles more charisma.

Broner is trying too hard to emulate a guy who is himself terrible at interviews and not the brightest and most articulate guy in the sport. Adrien comes across as forced and trying way too hard.

Comment

Floyd has charisma? First I've heard.

Comment

IMO, Floyd is the most charismatic boxer to ever live right next to ALI
                    No.

What he has is unbelievable boxing talent and a world-class ability to piss people off. People analyse his words because it's usually stupid sh-t, sometimes through design, something through accident/ignorance.

You wanna see charisma, go look at the videos of Wladimir during the Haye promotional tour - clowning on Haye, charming the pants off everyone he came into contact with, dripping in charisma and wit. He doesn't need a bunch of lackeys who are paid to laugh at his "jokes".

It's funny, Broner rips off Floyd but actually thinks far quicker on his feet when it comes to wit than Floyd, though much of what he says is still cringeworthy.

It's a shame he decided to break through by acting like Floyd. If he just drops the Floyd-isms, relaxes, stops cramming every interview with a pre-packaged bunch of one-liners, he'd be pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X