Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any reason to dislike Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he's an awesome guy and awesome fighter who gave boxing more than he could ever recoup. His fans were enthusiastic but with good reason. He is the Hero of Asia.

Comment

Pacquiao should be respected, he's a great fighter and a nice guy.

Comment

No, he's an awesome guy and awesome fighter who gave boxing more than he could ever recoup. His fans were enthusiastic but with good reason. He is the Hero of Asia.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yea but its mostly coming from rapid fans who think Floyd is god, and theres just as many of them

Thats the Irony of it
            Its mostly Manny fans that bring up Floyd in the first place. Most of them seem to have no knowledge of the sport or they are just closet racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I'll agree to and extent that Pac was a lil hyped,but Pac deserved most of his praise...He fought his way to the top and beat some very good if not great opponents...You can't take that away from Pac bro..He is a sure shot HOF,and imo an ATG...That's all I'm saying,yes his fans can be annoying and very racist at times...But that has nothing to do with Pac and him being Great or his likeability...
              Well if you'd like me to get down to the merits, I have no problem with that.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Manny has 40 straight fights against bums. Its shameful padding. Not only that, but 2 of those bums managed to knock Pacquiao out early on.

That means he has only 21 other fights in which to judge him. Of those 21 fights, Manny specifically targeted 6 of his opponents coming off career losses.

The trend is undeniable.

They are DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Two of which were catchweights AND one of which was a vacant title against a then banned cheater.

21-6=15. 15 fights in which to judge Pacquiao.

They are:

1-Barrera
              2-Marquez - DRAW
              3-Battery
              4-Morales - LOSS
              5-Velazquez
              6-Morales
              7-Larios
              8-Morales
              9-Solis
              10-Barrera
              11-Marquez
              12-Diaz
              13-Marquez
              14-Bradley - LOSS
              15-Marquez - LOSS

Now, outside of those 15 fights, I challenge you to show me a legitimate match not including any catchweights that would serve to enhance the value of Manny Pacquiao's legacy. The 6 that I mentioned were all coming off of career losses and therefore were ranked out of the top three .. the ranked spots that have all to do with legacy.

Like it or not, RANK AND CONDITION OF A FIGHTER'S OPPONENTS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS AS IT PERTAINS TO WEIGHING A LEGACY VALUE.

If anything else were relevant, then opinions would hold weight in a conversation about the merits of legacy. They don't.

I said that to say that Manny Pacquiao's star power comes from three specific matches: DLH, Cotto and Margarito.

Take those three wins away and Manny's biggest wins come over Barrera, Morales and Marquez(2 which are VERY debatable, the last was a robbery).

Now go ahead and make a case for Pacquiao being a superstar without those three wins when you take a good and honest look at the 15 fights he has since first fighting Barrera.

For sure Manny puts on great performances. That's undeniable as well. However great performances do not equal a great legacy when the opposition doesn't warrant the value given to enhance one's legacy.

And there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                Well then u would dislike 90% of boxers than. Womenizing, gambling, anti **** remarks, typical stuff in boxing and sports in general.
                Look at the bottom of my post ''I personally don't dislike Pacquiao''.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Well if you'd like me to get down to the merits, I have no problem with that.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Manny has 40 straight fights against bums. Its shameful padding. Not only that, but 2 of those bums managed to knock Pacquiao out early on.

That means he has only 21 other fights in which to judge him. Of those 21 fights, Manny specifically targeted 6 of his opponents coming off career losses.

The trend is undeniable.

They are DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Two of which were catchweights AND one of which was a vacant title against a then banned cheater.

21-6=15. 15 fights in which to judge Pacquiao.

They are:

1-Barrera
                  2-Marquez - DRAW
                  3-Battery
                  4-Morales - LOSS
                  5-Velazquez
                  6-Morales
                  7-Larios
                  8-Morales
                  9-Solis
                  10-Barrera
                  11-Marquez
                  12-Diaz
                  13-Marquez
                  14-Bradley - LOSS
                  15-Marquez - LOSS

Now, outside of those 15 fights, I challenge you to show me a legitimate match not including any catchweights that would serve to enhance the value of Manny Pacquiao's legacy. The 6 that I mentioned were all coming off of career losses and therefore were ranked out of the top three .. the ranked spots that have all to do with legacy.

Like it or not, RANK AND CONDITION OF A FIGHTER'S OPPONENTS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS AS IT PERTAINS TO WEIGHING A LEGACY VALUE.

If anything else were relevant, then opinions would hold weight in a conversation about the merits of legacy. They don't.

I said that to say that Manny Pacquiao's star power comes from three specific matches: DLH, Cotto and Margarito.

Take those three wins away and Manny's biggest wins come over Barrera, Morales and Marquez(2 which are VERY debatable, the last was a robbery).

Now go ahead and make a case for Pacquiao being a superstar without those three wins when you take a good and honest look at the 15 fights he has since first fighting Barrera.

For sure Manny puts on great performances. That's undeniable as well. However great performances do not equal a great legacy when the opposition doesn't warrant the value given to enhance one's legacy.

And there it is.
                  You are spot on and its not a reason to hate Manny but its just the blasted truth. When you point this out to *******s and state your case why he would not beat Mayweather (the fighter who they claim is scared and fights bums) they just repeat the same cliched nonsense over and over. Im having as much fun as i can with Manny's embarassing loss and idc what anyone here says. Call me a ***** all you like but i can at least admit Floyd has flaws outside his boxing career. If Floyd manages to lose somehow idc he is still a better fighter than Manny according to punch statistics, his obvious visible skills and intelligence in the ring and his 0 losses its just a fact they dont like to hear.

Comment

i've had a few jokes at his expense in the last 20 hours, but he's one of my favorite fighters of all time.

there's no reason at all to have anything but the greatest measure of respect for manny pacquiao. he's a bonafide great.

i'd prefer to see him retire, but if he fights again i'll buy the ppv without question. it's been a pleasure to watch him fight.

Comment

• He's a Boston Celtic fan. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                      X