Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Marciano: Who was Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like floyd more than marciano but marciano is not ducking, not cherry picking and most importantly don't use PEDS.

Comment

• I can't believe that too many people voted for floyd. if floyd didn't cheat and not using PEDS then he has an argument to be better than marciano.

Comment

• I've never really watched any footage of Marciano but it seems like he's been voted higher in this thread

Comment

• Depends how we score greatness.

Comment

• Floyd run and hug inside the ring and just fight in vegas only where the judges favor him. if he fought outside vegas he will be lost in his every fight.

Comment

• It's close. Marciano didn't beat any prime super elites. Neither did Floyd. They're both equally overrated in some sense.. Yes. Overrated. One loss and they wouldn't be talked about in GOAT context.. And to be fair; another PRIME super elite could have handed them the loss needed to remove them from those sorts of discussions.

You have to run the gauntlet and come out like Ali did or SRL did - on top - for true status. Any fighter that didn't go there doesn't understand the game or was too scared to take the risk and there are a lot of sober thinking intelligent "experts" that think Floyd mitigated those situations. Marciano, allegedly, was more the victim of his era.. Allegedly. For that reason you could say Marciano - although a lot of people felt he lost to LaStarza in the first fight. But it wasn't as bad as Castillo I so...

Comment

• lmao at the poll.. Wonder how many know ANYTHING about Marciano. He's winning coz he's White..

He should be. I think I can speak on it. I've watched and read just about everything available on the dude from Broxton. I even watched that stupid ****ing movie with Jon Favreau. I bought the ****ing DVD just to be able to watch that POS..

Comment

• lol I can't even say I'm surprised at the poll after a few years on this forum. It seems more people just voted Marciano because they like him more.

Even when you considered the watered down era of more belts it's still not close because Floyd has much more longevity and much more good wins.

Imagine Floyd turned pro in 2006 and stepped up around 09/10 with a controversial win then retired in 2015, then compare that to his actual career.

Comment

• Marciano easily.

Comment

• Mayweather. Rocky didn’t do as much in his career and I think Floyd has a better resume overall. We’re talking Floyd’s 26 title fights/defenses in 5 divisions over Rocky’s 7 title fights/defenses in 1 division. That’s says a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X