Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd update....from source of mine....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope this is true so that we get a great fight to go along with all the hype.

Comment

Why would you put your source on blast? Put your info out there, if people want to beleive it, they either do or they don't.

I've been studying the last few days and Shane is facing an uphill battle. Shane cannot fight on the inside, so if he can't beat someone on the outside, it usually gets ugly. He never stops trying though.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
        1st of all....the regulars on here know that I don't like the current version of Mayweather Jr....I just got some inside info from a homie of mine's....

Tony Hirsch....Jr. MW fighter....in the Andre Ward camp...
        http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6717&cat=boxer

Apparently there was a phone call from Ward's place....to Floyd's camp..just to talk about the fight happeneing this weekend....Andre had his line on speakerphone and the conversation went something like this....

Andre's side: "Man...just wanted to let you know that all these cats out here, I don't care what they say about you Jr....just do you and represent...etc..."

Mayweather's side: (supposedly Floyd Jr himself) "I don't give a f**k what anyone got to say about me....at the end of the day...don't nobody pay my bills, take care of my family but me. BUT....if people are expecting to see me potshot and play defensive against Shane...they're in for a muthf****n surprise...I'M JUMPIN ON SHANE FROM THE JUMP...I'M GONNA GIVE A GATTI TYPE PERFORMANCE...THIS FIGHT AIN'T GOIN PAST 9 ROUNDS..."

I usually don't fall for this type of talk...but I know guys who box...and they pretty much heard the same story regarding this "phone call".....
        I feel some pre-cum.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I keep saying that I think Floyd looks different. Everyone said his training looked the same but to me they showed him sitting down on punches way more and throwing more power shots
          I noticed the same thing homie..

even put my points where my mouth was

Comment

2 more days... and we all find out.

Comment

and still just typed the gayest thing ever. ya'll floyd fans need to take out your trash.

Comment

Unless i hear a tape or some real proof I'm calling bull**** on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Why would you put your source on blast? Put your info out there, if people want to beleive it, they either do or they don't.

I've been studying the last few days and Shane is facing an uphill battle. Shane cannot fight on the inside, so if he can't beat someone on the outside, it usually gets ugly. He never stops trying though.
                  this is my biggest concern, floyd is damn good within elbow reach. he's probably one of the top infighters in the game. its why I want shane to get ahead in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
                    1st of all....the regulars on here know that I don't like the current version of Mayweather Jr....I just got some inside info from a homie of mine's....

Tony Hirsch....Jr. MW fighter....in the Andre Ward camp...
                    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6717&cat=boxer

Apparently there was a phone call from Ward's place....to Floyd's camp..just to talk about the fight happeneing this weekend....Andre had his line on speakerphone and the conversation went something like this....

Andre's side: "Man...just wanted to let you know that all these cats out here, I don't care what they say about you Jr....just do you and represent...etc..."

Mayweather's side: (supposedly Floyd Jr himself) "I don't give a f**k what anyone got to say about me....at the end of the day...don't nobody pay my bills, take care of my family but me. BUT....if people are expecting to see me potshot and play defensive against Shane...they're in for a muthf****n surprise...I'M JUMPIN ON SHANE FROM THE JUMP...I'M GONNA GIVE A GATTI TYPE PERFORMANCE...THIS FIGHT AIN'T GOIN PAST 9 ROUNDS..."

I usually don't fall for this type of talk...but I know guys who box...and they pretty much heard the same story regarding this "phone call".....

this is gonna get so bumped if that foo gives us a stinker

Comment

He also said he was going to KO Baldomir.

And Judah..

and Oscar...

before fighting J.M. Marquez.

"I can't let this guy go the distance with me."

Then the fight happens and people realize the guy who talks before he fights and the guy who get's in the ring and actually fights, are complete contradictions of each other. I've said many times that I think Floyd is a supremely skilled boxer, I know he has the goods and he should be the favorite in any fight below 154.

I can also understand the Hip Hop community enjoying hearing Floyd get all up in the camera and go "Oscar, I'm going to knock you the **** out." Those people hear that and think Floyd is gangster or hip hop or whatever they think, so they pay to see him knock Oscar or Marquez or Judah or Baldomir out. Then he proceeds to not only not knock them out, but never even try. Evan against Marquez who straight up proved he couldn't hurt Floyd, he wouldn't even try to KO him. There's nothing wrong with not being able to KO a fighter, some guys just aren't going to go. But selling a fight by telling people you're going to knock someone the **** out, then not even attempting to do so has turned some people off.

I think he's talented as hell but I'd never pay to watch him box. I know a bunch of people will think he's accomplished his goal by making me dislike him enough to want to see him lose, but that's proven false by by refusal to support his fights by paying for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X