No announcement yet.

Was Hagler really a budsmoker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Hagler really a budsmoker?

I was just curious, cus there was some talk about Hagler being a budsmoker. In fact, i've heard that smoking bud and training co-exisits.
    Sugar Ray Leonard had asthma.

Huh?!

It certainly won't help in any aspect of your boxing.

But yes, certain fighters have admitted to using it. Frank Bruno comes to mind when I think

Comment

If you're looking for justifications for smoking out and competing in boxing at a high level, then you're mistaken. These are the exceptions, not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
        If you're looking for justifications for smoking out and competing in boxing at a high level, then you're mistaken. These are the exceptions, not the rule.
        I'm guessing that's what he's looking for. So if one of his coaches/teammates finds out he can say "Marvin Hagler did it, so why can't I?".

Being successful in boxing takes sacrifices. If getting high is a major priority in your life, your chances at being successful in boxing will suffer. If that's ok with you, then smoke away.

But don't try to find excuses about why it's fine for you to keep doing it just because one great fighter may have done it. It just makes you look like you don't take boxing seriously.

Better not let your trainer find out, why would he want to waste his time with someone who isn't serious?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
          I'm guessing that's what he's looking for. So if one of his coaches/teammates finds out he can say "Marvin Hagler did it, so why can't I?".

Being successful in boxing takes sacrifices. If getting high is a major priority in your life, your chances at being successful in boxing will suffer. If that's ok with you, then smoke away.

But don't try to find excuses about why it's fine for you to keep doing it just because one great fighter may have done it. It just makes you look like you don't take boxing seriously.

Better not let your trainer find out, why would he want to waste his time with someone who isn't serious?
          I know. I know. My habit isn't even really out of control either.

Comment

Why should it mater?

I bet 90% of boxers drink once in a while, so whats wrong with smoking once in a while?

If I was a pro athlete and I had to choose between drinking or smoking Id pick smoking 10/10 times.

Comment

If that is true about Hagler being a stoner, his opponents must think themselves lucky. Imagine the damage he could have done sober!!

Comment

He must have been smoking some **** before the Leonard fight then lol

Smoking, IMO is better than drinking although less socially acceptable. I'd rather drink in between fights a little bit (not even a lot of beer), than smoke all the time

Comment

Drinking is bad, but I think for boxing smoking is alot worse. Drink makes you a bit hyper but smoking really does deplete your energy and make you proper laid back. It makes you lazy in the ring and you will lose speed and become sluggish. It affects your reflexes and timing too. Excessive smoking of the pot is no good for boxing.

Comment

its not as bad if you smoke using a bong/hookah/vaporizer since the water cools and neutralizes the carcinogens in the smoke.

Comment

Working...
                    X