Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward -vs- Arthur Abraham Official Predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward -vs- Arthur Abraham Official Predictions?

How does everyone see this playing out? Can anyone envision an outcome other than Ward putting on another Ward like performance and Wrestling AA to a wide UD? Abraham currently sits at +510, and I'm attempting to convince myself to throw a couple dollars on the upset. Please discuss!

Andre Ward by malicious mugging

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Andre Ward by malicious mugging
      Are you making a wager on this one? If AA is fortunate enough to clip him, the playing field could be leveled. I don't think AA fancies himself a complete bum, so despite expectations he may be a live dog in there.

Has anyone had success grappling AA in the past? I just don't feel like Ward can execute the same type of plan Froch and Dirrell did using their length. However, as you said I would not be surprised if Ward takes this to the phonebooth and wins via wide mugging..

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Are you making a wager on this one? If AA is fortunate enough to clip him, the playing field could be leveled. I don't think AA fancies himself a complete bum, so despite expectations he may be a live dog in there.

Has anyone had success grappling AA in the past? I just don't feel like Ward can execute the same type of plan Froch and Dirrell did using their length. However, as you said I would not be surprised if Ward takes this to the phonebooth and wins via wide mugging..
        No because I am not betting on Ward he is to much of a favorite and it is possible he could get knocked out no matter how unlikely it seems. If Ward gets cute and does not keep his transitions from outside to inside tight he could get clocked.

I think Ward can out range Abraham yes and Abraham needs space to make you really feel his power so Ward's grappling should also be effective, plus Ward is much bigger than Abraham.

Comment

The cheater Ward will cause a bad cut over one of Abraham's eyes with a deliberate headbutt and win by TD.

Comment

I reckon Ward will get it, wont be pretty to watch though. The odds on a DQ must be pretty high on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              No because I am not betting on Ward he is to much of a favorite and it is possible he could get knocked out no matter how unlikely it seems. If Ward gets cute and does not keep his transitions from outside to inside tight he could get clocked.

I think Ward can out range Abraham yes and Abraham needs space to make you really feel his power so Ward's grappling should also be effective, plus Ward is much bigger than Abraham.
              I wasn't sure about size, but Ward being bigger than Abraham to boot is discouraging. Odds are Ward will have enough respect to keep out/in transitions very tight. @ Freedom, I won't be surprised if this fight ends via TD. I just hope this fight is decent to watch.

Comment

I wasn't sure about size, but Ward being bigger than Abraham to boot is discouraging. Odds are Ward will have enough respect to keep out/in transitions very tight. @ Freedom, I won't be surprised if this fight ends via TD. I just hope this fight is decent to watch.
                Andre Ward 6'1" with a 73" reach

Arthur Abraham 5'10" with a 72" reach

Just for reference

Carl Froch 6'1" with a 74.5" reach

I thought Abraham had shorter reach than that to be honest, Abraham need to let those hands go much more freely if he really wants to have a shot against Ward at least beyond Ward messing up.

Comment

Ward by azz whipping.

Comment

How does everyone see this playing out? Can anyone envision an outcome other than Ward putting on another Ward like performance and Wrestling AA to a wide UD? Abraham currently sits at +510, and I'm attempting to convince myself to throw a couple dollars on the upset. Please discuss!

really depends on how ward fights.

if ward hold-n-hits... AA has a puncher's chance to KO ward, but ward should still be the favorite to win by UD.

if ward boxes from the outside... ward will beat AA easily... possibly getting a late rounds KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X