Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lozada: I Knew I Would KO Felix Verdejo, I Went For it in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lozada: I Knew I Would KO Felix Verdejo, I Went For it in Tenth

Felix "El Diamante" Verdejo, once regarded as the best prospect in Puerto Rican boxing and the future heir to the throne of Miguel Cotto, has been declining for the last few years - due to injuries and lackluster performances. On Saturday night at The Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden, his career came crashing when he was knocked down and then stopped in the tenth round of his clash with knockout artist Antonio Lozada Jr. of Mexico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He was all hype many of us called it a few fights ago. Today confirmed.

Comment

Didn’t watch the fight

But damn Verdejo stock has just plummeted lately

Comment

Not sure how TopRank misjudged this guy to this extent. My guess is Cotto was retiring and they needed a successor in real time. Unfortunately it was never going to be Verdejo, the kid gets hit way to clean. He seemed like he was more of a successor to Juan Manuel Lopez than Miguel Cotto. Too bad those tv spots and resources didn’t go to a kid more deserving. Congrats to Lozado on a great win.

Comment

I wanted Verdejo to make it but I just could tell he didn’t have it in him.

Then dumbass TR goes and puts him in against a hard hitting young Mexican shiiiiiat they fuucked up.

Comment

They gave him numerous chances. He turned down a number of title eliminators and even a title shot at one stage. He just does not have it in him. Can't blame the match making at some point he just had to swim and sank.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              I wanted Verdejo to make it but I just could tell he didn’t have it in him.

Then dumbass TR goes and puts him in against a hard hitting young Mexican shiiiiiat they fuucked up.
              There are rumors that TR just wanted to be done with him.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                If that’s the case we’ll then they knew exactly what opponent to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Where exactly are these rumors coming from? I doubt TR cares about Verdejo being more hype than substance, as long as they make some money off of him, which I doubt they did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                    Where exactly are these rumors coming from? I doubt TR cares about Verdejo being more hype than substance, as long as they make some money off of him, which I doubt they did last night.
                    im prettys ure rumors come from people just putting 2 and 2 together, theirs interviews where arum reponds to some reporters asking about verdejo saying he back adn ready and arum says something like yeah, well he gonna have to prove it before my eyes before i believe it.

Comment

Working...
                    X