Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

I've been saying that for a couple of years now... it's too bad... I really hate "THE BUSINESS EXCUSE"
    How are you going to fight the best fighters without fighting the next best fighters first?

Comment

Ward is. Bradley, by default, is not since he doesn't like fighting the top guys any more.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore View Post
        Good god, stop claiming Donaire. The dude identifies with the Philippines and carries out the Filipino flag to his fights. Just cause he is a citizen doesn't mean he represents this country, it just means he enjoys this country's benefits.
        yeah americans can claim brian viloria though since he was born and lives in the u.s.

Comment

They will both be alright,what they will need are guys who come to fight..Ward had boring fights up until his fight with Froch,mainly because even tho Froch was dominated he fought hard and had skills himself..Alexander had the chance to be that guy for Timmy,but he was to scared to risk what was need,an in the end the fight was a stinker..

Bradley has guy's like Khan(who I still believe will be one of his hardest fights at 140lb to 147lb)Rios,Alvarado,Ortiz,Berto..Guys who he might be more skilled then,but guys that won't give up and have skills of their own to really give Bradley problems and implement their offense..Which will be need to make exciting fights..

Ward has Bute,Froch,Cloud(if he decides to move up)even Kessler who I would not mind seeing the rematch..I think both Bradley and Ward have great futures,they will be alright...But I doubt they will be a May or Pac,but who the in boxing is even close to that anyway??

Comment

The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Timmy just doesn't have the talent and skill to get to where Ward can.
              I have to disagree,right now I see Timmy beating Pac..TBH I can't think of one person from 140lb to 147lb I would pick against Bradley..Khan and Ortiz has the best shot(and Ortiz is a real long shot being he does not have the boxing skills to keep up with Bradley imo)..So that's two weightclasses,which is really what Ward has SMW and LHW..I think both are in the same place,Ward just had a better opportunity...

Comment

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
                The Future

I think a lot of people is going to be shock when this kid steps up in comp and loses..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  TBH I can't think of one person from 140lb to 147lb I would pick against Bradley..
                  Uh, Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    I think a lot of people is going to be shock when this kid steps up in comp and loses..
                    what flaws do you see that makes you think he will lose when he steps up

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Uh, Floyd Mayweather Jr.?
                    and Khan Ortiz Berto Jones Pacquiao all would beat him at 147

Comment

Ward has potential to be the future, Bradley is overrated and will eventually be exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X