No announcement yet.

Bob Arum says break even is 800k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
    Are we talking 800,000 domestic or worldwide?
    We're talking domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      I disagree..... BT Sport have been promoting this HARD over here so its hard to imagine there not being at least a few hundred thousand paying for this one. Granted they don't have the reach that SkySports do but I still expect this to pull in a decent chunk of buys.
      I've enjoyed BT's ads for this fight more than anyone elses. It'd be cool if that resonates with boxing fans in the UK even if it's not an ideal time. UK fans seem more dedicated to boxing so I got lil doubt worse case they do a few hundred thousand but I'd doubt it'll be among the top 20 boxing PPV's there let alone in the top 10 despite the hype in the US.

Randomly anyone in the UK getting any vibes on this fight at all over there. Guessing it's not on the AJ vs Ruiz level or prime Hatton level with overseas fights but curious how many give a fook about this fight over there.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion View Post
        I finally remembered the password to my original account. I put my old name underneath to make it clear who I am. Not sure how that qualifies as an "alt."

Do you have anything on topic to add to the thread or do you just like to go **** up threads for no reason?
        I don’t think your fooling anyone that you accidentally logged into your wrong account? Lol

Comment

800k domestically just to break even is a tough ask? I know bob keeps going on about two million but how big is the fight over there?

I can say from a uk point of view that barely anyone knows the fight is happening outside the hardcores.

BT are advertising it but only if you have bt or are following them. I haven’t seen any adverts or heard a Single person at work or home talking about the fight which is a real disappointment. Given in the UK it’s £24.99 and in the middle of the night I can’t see many buying it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I've enjoyed BT's ads for this fight more than anyone elses. It'd be cool if that resonates with boxing fans in the UK even if it's not an ideal time. UK fans seem more dedicated to boxing so I got lil doubt worse case they do a few hundred thousand but I'd doubt it'll be among the top 20 boxing PPV's there let alone in the top 10 despite the hype in the US.

Randomly anyone in the UK getting any vibes on this fight at all over there. Guessing it's not on the AJ vs Ruiz level or prime Hatton level with overseas fights but curious how many give a fook about this fight over there.
            There’s decent buzz but it’s definitely not to the level of AJ vs Ruiz.... of course the time zone difference is a huge negative factor but all my sports buddies are staying up for it but I doubt many are paying. There’s already been various stream links being requested and shared in my WhatsApp groups, as I said there will definitely be a lot of eyes on this fight but I don’t know that enough of them will be paying. Even the “rich guy” in my football group chat was asking for a reliable stream site a few hours ago, people just don’t like paying for stuff anymore lol.

I really hope it does well though cause it’s the type of fight that fans want to see.

Comment

Damn, they're gonna lose money on this fight.

Comment

Working...
              X