X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conte got anal fisted by Nainggolan

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      I get you. Fact of the matter is Lamps isn't going to get sacked this season or in the summer unless they go on an insane losing streak from now. The club will stick with him. He has a lot of good will too. So because they will stick him, they have to back him or it's pointless sticking with him but not giving him any money to spend.

Worst situation would be to keep Lamps, back him but if his signings don't work out you will be going through a Man Utd modern cycle.
      You are right. That's probably how it will go.

I just want to see more from him specifically. He needs to make those common sense choices, find an identity, bring some continuity to the team.

The things great managers show and do. Pochettino did it everywhere he went. Klopp as well. Guardiola had it easier than others but he did as well. etc. etc.

Lamps really needs to show that. Like from the beginning of the season. Right now it looks like he's doubting and overthinking and it shows... and it shows in the players as well.

Comment

• I’m happy with Frank. A lot of our team are only just getting top level experience now, others are clearly not good enough, and others are passed it.

Most weeks we have half a team of academy products. If most premier league teams done that they would legitimately get relegated.

The thing is and I defo include myself in this that Chelsea fans need to shift their expectations. Until that squad is improved with real quality players we are a nothing team unless allowing youth players to play and develop and when you do that your bound to lose a lot of games if you’re not composed in front of goal to cagey teams playing for their lives. Well not ‘playing’ but defending deep and scoring a cheap goal from a corner or summat.

I doubt real improvement happens for a few seasons to the level that enables Chelsea to get close to the top and compete with Liverpool and City. Realistically nobody can compete with Liverpool right now but they’ll get closer to their mean.

For me 4th is nothing anyway. I know there are financial rewards but as soon as 4th becomes a thing I think you lose the ability to really build a proper team because you start targeting short term fixes to pick up a few more points. And to be fair, for what? So you can get bummed by Bayern Munich?

Yesterday Chelsea had 4 one-one-ones with 3 dead centre of the goal. Missed them all. What can Frank do about that? He’d score them himself if he was 114 years old.

Some of the players lack quality (Barkley and Batshuayi) and Mount probably lacks experience and it’s hard to say how good he will get.

But through the spine you have Kepa (it’s not happening), Tomori or Christensen (Academy players and prone to mistakes one with championship experience ) Jorginho (a defensive mid who has no recovery pace, can’t tackle, can’t win a ball in the air) a striker (doing brilliantly! Until now mainly championship experience).

CHO no real experience other than easy cameos last season under zero pressure - pressure on him now because he held Chelsea to ransom.) Reece James (gold plated bonafide star of the future but again only championship experience until now. There’s RLC to come in.

Essentially Question marks over the quality of Kepa, Pedro, Zouma, Alonso, Emerson, even Rudiger is sketchy at times, Jorginho, Kante in this box to box role, Giroud, Bats, Azpi (much much improved but where is he supposed to play now?)

Willian. I player I have routinely slagged off for about 5 years now is legitimately probably our best player in terms of quality.

So yeah, really I’m not sure that team should be finishing above Wolves even.

Comment

• Also I don’t want us to buy anyone in January. They’ll be rubbish.

In the summer blank cheque books if the club want to or have the resources to compete If not I don’t want anyone. We can play with kids and be a fun cup team who wins the odd pot.

To be fair Chelsea triggered the release clause for Oblak but he turned them down because he plays for a better team. I think the ambition is there but they need to give up if they miss out on class A eggs

Comment

• I don't know i thought Piatek was the real deal last season but goes downhill this season. I still say give him a chance, he can't be as bad as Batshuayi.

I can't wait for RLC to come back

Comment

• Can't believe there is calls here for Lampard to be replaced lol.. top 4.. practically an academy side and also got to the next round of the CL

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              That's the fault of Man Utd's board more than Ole i'd say. I thought Utd picking up Sanchez was a great acquisition but he performed awfully and never recovered. He wasn't great in his last season at Arsenal but we all thought it was due to him wanting to leave and because Arsenal were bad and didn't have players on his level. He has been playing at that level since 2017/2018 season at this point. Lukaku's stats at Man Utd really flatter his performances. He was not putting up good performances, he was lucky that he had a better creative outlet around him in Pogba and Lingard who played well for that half a season and with Herrera in the middle. I think Herrera was a far bigger loss than Lukaku. McTominay was coming into his own pre-injury but Herrera was that bastard who could play but also do the dirty work too kind of like Fernandinho.

Man Utd NEED to get Fernandes and re-inforce LB. Pogba/Fernandes with also McTomminay and Rashford back will improve them a lot. They need another 2-3 smart signings though but I think Fernandes in Jan will do just fine for this season with Poch taking over in the summer to get his people in. They will then need to get rid of the likes of Luke Shaw, Phil Jones, Rojo who are bogging them down and invest in more reliable and better players. They don't fit the Man Utd player profile. I don't get why Phil Jones is at Man Utd whilst Smalling is gone. I also never agreed with their signing of Maguire for 85m. He is not worth more than 50m EVEN in this climate. Koulibaly was THE guy...their VVD.

The fact that Man Utd gave Ole a long term deal after half a season at best of good results boggles me because he was never going anywhere. Maybe give him a 1 year extension at best for the sake of stability. Now they'll have to pay him off with millions.
              Yep especially with this bunch of players they are so fickle.. anyone would have got a boost from them when Mourhino got sacked cause they hated him. We fluked a win over PSG (known chokers) and they gave him the contract.. then the players reverted back to form

It confuses me a bit that United fans blame the Glazers for lack of investment.. but to me they have spent loads. We spent huge money on Pogba/Lukaku/Sanchez.. these should be automatic successes but never worked out.

Honestly i don't see how we sort this mess out.. we feel a million miles away from Liverpool/City.. having said that it's never as bad as you think. I would like to see Poch come in in the summer tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                At the beginning and even now he makes some saves.

Tibo made like 3 saves his whole Chelsea career it seemed. So at the beginning and even last season he was an improvement.

But with Kepa it now looks like everyone in the team just thinks he’s a complete p.ussy and we can’t defend crosses.

I’m hoping Real Madrid buy him or we can somehow get Oblak of Atletico for a bunch of cash plus Lettuce wrists and Wet look Alvaro.

I agree though, Whoever signed of on him now needs to be shot in the face. In all honesty I don’t really watch keepers but you’ve got to match them to the league.

Half of the premiership are utterly utterly dog s.hit. All they’re going to do is defend their 18 yard box and gamble on a set piece and the occasional quick counter.

We’d be better of with Fraser fecking Forster.

We’re f.ucked though unless a
                Spanish team wants it and then we should apply the lube and prepare to get bummed.

We’re never going to be a good team with him in goal.

Congrats on the title, lad.

Credit where it’s due. You used to be tongue in cheek about Liverpool but look at those c.unts now, ffs
                He literally made about three big errors on his debut ffs. He was terrible right from the start.

Cheers lad. I tried to give you guys ample warning about what was about to happen but you thought I was taking the pish. Now you can see what I meant...the dominance, the league and CL titles we’d be winning for fun like I kept on telling you, it’s all happening now. And damn does it feel good.

Told you we’d be right back to where we belong very soon, at the very top of the game. Feels normal. Feels right.

Comment

• Is it too soon to talk about Van Dijk being the greatest?

Never seen a defender as dominant as him in all my lifetime of watching football...is that me being bias toward a Liverpool player? I don’t think so.

It’s literally like watching a pro baller play against under 14’s. What an absolute beast of a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Liverpool just refusing to be stopped, game after game. Wolves are good, I'm impressed every time I watch them
                    Robbo’s bumhole must have been sore the next day....Adama Traore was bumming him all game long.

Worst game I’ve seen Robbo have for us.

Comment

• For me, it isnt about replacing Frank. It's about the outlook for him carrying the club forward.

Not calling for his head.

I dont expect to win anything. I wouldve been happy with 6th and an FA cup. More than 4th place and 0 trophies. From the start.

So for me its not about winning, as much as it is about having something to go forward with.

I just ask the very gritty questions of if Frank has the capacity for it. Which is realistic and fair to ask.

Comment

Working...
                      X