No announcement yet.

Are you a weed connoisseur?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a weed connoisseur?

Are you constantly in search of that top grade sht? Im talking about that dank ass, stinking up the joint, one hitter quitter stuff.

I can hardly tell the difference between different strains tbh. There have been a couple I didn't like but for the most part it's been the same experience for me.

So, no basically.

Comment

Yes, I always get the top sht I can find at the dispensaries.

I don't smoke as much as I did when I was in my 20s, but I still love a few bowls at night. Quality over quantity.

I don't like that lower grade budget sht. Lol

Comment

No, i live in texas so that sh.1t is illegal.. also i get random at the plant i work at..

Comment

I don't even mess with dispensaries anymore here ever since it went fully legal because it's all crusty dried out weed sealed in a plastic jar you can't even look at or smell. Better off buying from the illegal/greymarket online dispensaries in Canada honestly. Or just from a normal dealer you trust.

I just went to one of the government approved dispensaries 5 minutes ago to try out a gram vs the stuff I grew and an old friend was working there and basically talked me out of wasting my money. They all said they were packed in November but who knows when it was even cropped/dried/cured.... Bought some Boveda humidity packs for my jars instead LOL.

I just grow my own 100% organic. Sweet Skunk / C99 cross was my fav from this summer and yielded a lot from just 2 big 20 gallon outdoor fabric containers. Time Warp/C99 was nice too. What else did I grow... Nothern Lights / Purple Kush cross and Blueberry Pkush cross. One other timewarp cross I wasn't too impressed with, but that strain was something in BC back in the day. I know they aint trendy strains like Gorilla Glue, or Girl Scout Cookies or whatever else is cool these days but I like the classics and heavy earthy indicas and fruity high flying sativas. I don't smoke nearly as much anymore, or at all actually since I got a nice deal on this Storz & Bickle Plenty vaporizer. Still the perfect way to unwind and chill out after a long day though. And better yet keeps me off the booze as I used to drink Scotch and Bourbon like it was water. Not sure how many lbs I even grew, must have been at least 2 pounds and I'll be set well into next growing season. So yes you could say I'm a connoisseur.

On the menus for this spring from my seed guy who gives me great deals (in addition to his standard advertised strains):

Cinderella99 (C99)- well tested, very good
          - fast flowering, compact sativa, fruity, unique
          - true to it's reputation, google it.

Texada Skunk x C99 - very good
          Kush x C99 - excellent reports
          SC(SSxC99) x Northern Lights - untested
          NLxC99 - great reports, one very good run myself, very fast flowering.
          Sweet Skunk x Haze - untested
          NL x Haze - untested
          Kush x Haze untested
          Haze x BB - untested
          Haze x C99 - untested
          Last edited by YoungManRumble; 01-24-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Are you constantly in search of that top grade sht? Im talking about that dank ass, stinking up the joint, one hitter quitter stuff.
            Yes. Hell yes.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
              I don't even mess with dispensaries anymore here ever since it went fully legal because it's all crusty dried out weed sealed in a plastic jar you can't even look at or smell. Better off buying from the illegal/greymarket online dispensaries in Canada honestly. Or just from a normal dealer you trust. I just went to one of the government approved dispensaries 5 minutes ago to try out a gram vs the stuff I grew and an old friend was working there and basically talked me out of wasting my money. They all said they were packed in November but who knows when it was even cropped/dried/cured.... Bought some Boveda humidity packs for my jars instead LOL. I just grow my own 100% organic. Sweet Skunk / C99 cross was my fav from this summer and yielded a lot from just 2 big 20 gallon outdoor fabric containers. Time Warp/C99 was nice too. What else did I grow... Nothern Lights / Purple Kush cross and Blueberry Pkush cross. One other timewarp cross I wasn't too impressed with, but that strain was something in BC back in the day. I know they aint trendy strains like Gorilla Glue, or Girl Scout Cookies or whatever else is cool these days but I like the classics and heavy earthy indicas and fruity high flying sativas. I don't smoke nearly as much anymore, or at all actually since I got a nice deal on this Storz & Bickle Plenty vaporizer. Still the perfect way to unwind and chill out after a long day though. And better yet keeps me off the booze as I used to drink Scotch and Bourbon like it was water. Not sure how many lbs I even grew, must have been at least 2 pounds and I'll be set well into next growing season. So yes you could say I'm a connoisseur.
              That's awesome that you can grow your own good weed. I'd love to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                That's awesome that you can grow your own good weed. I'd love to be able to do that.
                Yeah I find it really enjoyable and it was actually a gateway (it is a gateway drug afterall!!!) into normal gardening. Last year I grew a **** ton of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers for pickling, dill and some other herbs, and some scotch bonnet peppers to make hot sauce and some jamaican jerk kinda rubs/marinades.

I mean I wouldn't risk it if it's highly illegal in your area but maybe things will change soon. Every year it gets less demonized and more accepted it seems.

If it's just a matter of space though find a friend with some property and just try to grow a couple outdoors in the spring/summer. It's really not as difficult or complicated as a lot of people online would have you believe. Maybe if you want perfect indoor results with the most possible yield but I don't mess with synthetic nutrients or anything anyway. I just mixed up a good soil; 1 part good compost, 1 part peat moss, 1 part aeration material like pumice or pearlite and some other hippie nonsense that probably wasn't even necessary. Can add some other things as needed but a lot of it is unnecessary. That's basically what I did this season for my 4th season growing and I only watered them and pruned them and trained them and had great results. Basically just keep an eye out for spider mites and aphids and don't over water them or over love them. Very hardy plant.

Comment

That's all I smoke. Good stuff.

I can't smoke regs. I like heavy Indica dominant strains that knock me out

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                    Yeah I find it really enjoyable and it was actually a gateway (it is a gateway drug afterall!!!) into normal gardening. Last year I grew a **** ton of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers for pickling, dill and some other herbs, and some scotch bonnet peppers to make hot sauce and some jamaican jerk kinda rubs/marinades.

I mean I wouldn't risk it if it's highly illegal in your area but maybe things will change soon. Every year it gets less demonized and more accepted it seems.

If it's just a matter of space though find a friend with some property and just try to grow a couple outdoors in the spring/summer. It's really not as difficult or complicated as a lot of people online would have you believe. Maybe if you want perfect indoor results with the most possible yield but I don't mess with synthetic nutrients or anything anyway. I just mixed up a good soil; 1 part good compost, 1 part peat moss, 1 part aeration material like pumice or pearlite and some other hippie nonsense that probably wasn't even necessary. Can add some other things as needed but a lot of it is unnecessary. That's basically what I did this season for my 4th season growing and I only watered them and pruned them and trained them and had great results. Basically just keep an eye out for spider mites and aphids and don't over water them or over love them. Very hardy plant.

Sounds great,

I’m looking to start an organic no till grow indoors, I’m just getting all the equipment at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X