Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I used to be a fan of Spence, but I can't support someone who drinks and drives.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
    The man is nearly 30 years old stop calling him a kid. This is he biggest thing bothering me; people babying him through it.

Also having kids of his own he should know better I think. Already risking his life with his livelyhood why risk your life in your spare time too? I mean maybe if you have no family or nothing to live for and aren't hurting anyone..
    I called him a kid because to me he is a kid. I’m old enough to easily be his father. But, frankly, I didn’t realize Spence was that old. He looks so young to me.

I’m not condoning DWI by any means, but I think it’s a forgivable offense, especially if no one else was hurt. Like I said earlier, I can think of worse things one might do. Spence made a mistake. By its very nature, drunken decision-making is unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
      I can understand not wanting to support him but boxing has a long list of people that do bad things (some far worst than drinking and driving). I'm sure at every boxing match there's a good number people in the arena drinking and some of them will drive home. The only difference is no one knows or care about the average fan but Spence has to deal with the criticism because he's in the public eye. Once he's dealt with legally for this he should move on with his life and I'm hoping he makes smarter decisions because of this incident.
      Great post. Agree 100%. Carlos Monzon beat his women and killed one of his girlfriends. People still love the guy. Many boxers have perpetrated despicable acts. Spence getting drunk and crashing his car, hurting only himself, is nothing to me. It’s not like he killed a family of five. Some dudes are acting way too sanctimonious here.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I called him a kid because to me he is a kid. I’m old enough to easily be his father. But, frankly, I didn’t realize Spence was that old. He looks so young to me.

I’m not condoning DWI by any means, but I think it’s a forgivable offense, especially if no one else was hurt. Like I said earlier, I can think of worse things one might do. Spence made a mistake. By its very nature, drunken decision-making is unreliable.
        Haha that's fair, I thought Leo Santa Cruz was like 22 or something because of those stupid piercings.

And I hear you man I was more generalizing than specifically singling you out.

YouTube for some reason suggested me this livestream of that barbershop conversations Fred guy last night and I just caught the end but they weren't even talking about boxing at all just the interview with Spence and how terrible Brian Kenny is for everything he said and his closing remark and they should petition to have him removed from boxing and how the interview should have been scripted, conducted in a controlled relaxed environment , with his family around and all his belts from ams and pro.

Not to mention the whole time there's random sound effects from calls or whatever going on interrupting audio which for the most part amounted to little more than
        "nga this nga that".

Timestamped to start at the part I mentioned at the end of my previous paragraph

Last edited by YoungManRumble; 12-23-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Let’s be let down every time then. Why live in a fantasy world and ignore all the bad things people do because they’re talented?

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Spoiler alert; every boxer you like does something you would disapprove of.
          It's better to appreciate fighters for fighting than trying to monitor the morals of a celebrity. Otherwise, you'll get let down every time.

Comment

Unfortunately no one around Spence cares about him at all. If they did, he would be in rehab and boxing wouldn’t even be a thought on anyone’s mind. It’s very sad.

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            As a recovering alcoholic, I just hope that this is what was needed to make him put the plug in the jug

but based on his attitude since the wreck, it doesn't seem the case.

What really bothers me are the videos of him IN THE CLUB. He was so ****ing far gone, he looked like he didn't even know where he was. His friends were all around him then. Where the **** were they when it was time to go home?

Comment

They’ll only care when he’s dead because he won’t be around to give them money.

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
              Yeah and I'm sure the people around Spence care about him so much that they let him drive drunk.

I'm also sure they care about him so much that they are rushing him back in the ring so quickly.

Comment

He’s so wasted he’s not even thinking at all. It’s clear as day that he’s an alcoholic.

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I don't understand it. I live in a city so you don't even need a car period so I imagine people actually do it fairly often in places you need a car.

A nice ride like that, I would take no chances.

I do separate the boxer from the man. I am not vested in anyone else's personal life, let alone someone I don't even know.

Comment

Yup he was a kid about 10-15 years ago now and he’s still f**king up.

The man is nearly 30 years old stop calling him a kid. This is he biggest thing bothering me; people babying him through it.

Also having kids of his own he should know better I think. Already risking his life with his livelyhood why risk your life in your spare time too? I mean maybe if you have no family or nothing to live for and aren't hurting anyone..

Comment

Isn’t it disgusting that he won’t talk about his obvious DUI because he hopes to beat the charge? LMFAO, so ridiculous.

That's mostly due to pending legal case I would imagine. Though he could probably do the last thing you mentioned if he hasn't. Or at least say he's learned a valuable lesson instead of just constantly thanking God and saying anyone else would have died. Makes me think he didn't learn anything from this.

Comment

The mans an idiot. I hope he has learned his lesson cuz he was very lucky to survive that and was very lucky he didnt kill anybody else. But hes a great fighter and im a Boxing fan so im glad he is back and is well. We all make stupid mistakes in life that needs forgiveness or atleast a 2nd chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X