Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you can only pick 3 fighters from this years HOF list, who would it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can only pick 3 fighters from this years HOF list, who would it be?

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-20929104

Paulie Malignagi

Comment

3 from that entire list is extremely difficult, some Elite level guys are going to be left out. My 3 are as follows but this is DAMN HARD!

Erik Morales, Nigel Benn, cant decide between Julian Jackson and Winky Wright

The vast majority of the list are HOF worthy, suppose you could spin this question round and say "who from the list should definitely NOT be inducted" that would be an easier question

Will be good to see people's picks, very subjective so i'm expecting alot of different picks

Comment

Erik Morales, Winky Wright, Ivan Calderon

Comment

Only 3? That sux....

Julian "The Hawk" Jackson
          Erik "El Terrible" Moralas
          Ronald "Winky" Wright

Comment

Erik Morales
            Gilberto Roman
            Santos Laciar

Comment

Very difficult to pick, but I'm thinking Michael Moore, Erik Morales and Winky Wright

Honorable Mention: Vitali and Donald Curry

Comment

Morales, Vitali, Winky

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                  3 from that entire list is extremely difficult, some Elite level guys are going to be left out. My 3 are as follows but this is DAMN HARD!

Erik Morales, Nigel Benn, cant decide between Julian Jackson and Winky Wright

The vast majority of the list are HOF worthy, suppose you could spin this question round and say "who from the list should definitely NOT be inducted" that would be an easier question

Will be good to see people's picks, very subjective so i'm expecting alot of different picks
                  Very subjective. I would need to look up more of these guys to have a better idea. The one criteria we should use is their performances against the best of their era and how those guys rank in boxing history. If the best of their era isn't really impressive then their resume takes a hit. At this point the only guys I would lock in are Erik Morales and Winky Wright. Both guys have beaten top notch guys. The fact that a probably washed up Morales lasted the full 12 and lose a split decision to Marcos Maidana is even more impressive than most other guys victories.

If I had to pick one other guy it would be Ricky Hatton. Sure, he failed spectularly against Floyd and Manny but he still has victories over guys like Kostya Tszyu, Paulie Malinaggi and Jose Luis Castillo along with some other solid guys like Ben Tackie and Vince Phillips on his resume.

Along those lines:

1. I would definately not pick Dariusz Michalczewski or Sven Okte because they played it safe by never fighting outside the home countries to fight the best guys. Ottke does have good names on his resume but Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler were beltholders in his division during his reign. Surely, he could have taken the hour long flight from Germany to Denmark to fight Kessler. But he never fought either of them. Darius Michalczewski held a belt for a long time at light heavyweight when Roy Jones Jr was plying his craft. I think your resume takes a huge hit if you choose not to fight a likely Hall of Famer who held a belt in your division at the same time you held a belt.

2. Vitali Klitchsko has good names on his resume but his most significant name by far was Lennox Lewis. He put up a hell of a fight but he lost. Its a real shame that nasty cut. He was well on his way to winning the fight until it started getting bad. Otherwise, a lot of solid guys but none of them would be seriously considered for the Hall.

3. Julian Jackson is best known for his power and getting knocked out in 3 fights against the best guys he fought.

4. Considering Nigel Benn has a record of 0-3-1 against Steve Collins and Chris Eubank it doesn't even look like he was the best British super middleweight of his era. Until those guys get in he can't be considered.
                  Last edited by yankees7448; 10-06-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X