No announcement yet.

"Platforms Wars" - Who wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Haymon is trying to sell PBC. PBC are on the rocks they paid the biggest fee in hisyory for a free tv/ regualr cable fight for 900k viewers. Only a matter of time before the plug is pulled. HBO wasnt spending anywhere near as much and were getting higher numbers and it wasn't worth it to them either.
    ... Well, I don't really think Al Haymon "is trying to sell PBC"... Al Haymon seemed to have been psychologically (deeply) attached to his boxing enterprise...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post

Thanks for posting...

... I don't really know if DAZN is a "bubble" or a "dark horse" on the market...

Comment

If ESPN put as much into boxing as they do into UFC they'd be far out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Thanks for posting...

... I don't really know if DAZN is a "bubble" or a "dark horse" on the market...
            What I've been saying. And they're going to raise the price again

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              If ESPN put as much into boxing as they do into UFC they'd be far out ahead.
              ... Well... it seems as Endeavor (Duffa) is "after" Al Haymon... but it's all speculation so far...

Comment

I agree.. somehow...

Comment

Hearn seems pretty confident they're locked into an 8 year deal and they have Canelo for another 9 fights which is effectively 4 1/2 years. So I think it will be a while before DAZN pull the plug on boxing in any sort of way

Each platform has their challenges. Haymon clearly has a problem with his investors and with Showtime. ESPN have so far seen awful returns from their investment in Top Rank so it remains to be seen whether things can improve going forward.

Don't think there will necessarily be a winner, more like swings and roundabouts as belts switch hands and networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                    Hearn seems pretty confident they're locked into an 8 year deal and they have Canelo for another 9 fights which is effectively 4 1/2 years. So I think it will be a while before DAZN pull the plug on boxing in any sort of way

Each platform has their challenges. Haymon clearly has a problem with his investors and with Showtime. ESPN have so far seen awful returns from their investment in Top Rank so it remains to be seen whether things can improve going forward.

Don't think there will necessarily be a winner, more like swings and roundabouts as belts switch hands and networks.
                    of course...

... though, investors in Haymon Sports and DAZN seem to want out (or shall I say they want a "spin off"?...

later edit: also see

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=815604
                    Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-22-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      of course...

... though, investors in Haymon Sports and DAZN seem to want out (or shall I say they want a "spin off"?...

later edit: also see

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=815604
                      The DAZN thing is made up.

Comment

Working...
                      X