Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I scored Lara/Castano (since everyone is mixed of opinion for some reason).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scored Lara/Castano (since everyone is mixed of opinion for some reason).

First of all, Lara pissed me off. The skill level difference was on display especially in Round 9. He COULD have stepped on the gas more and had a better showing but chose not to - it was frustrating watching him. He had glimmers of defensive brilliance, but he was holding back on what would have been quality offensive work against a guy who was there to be hit.

Second, Castano is a very raw, rugged fighter that just (in my opinion) isn't on Lara's level. I would love to see Castano vs. Horn @ 154 because I think we'd see a hell of a fight between them.

Either way, I don't see a draw. I had one swing round - Round 8. Other than that, unless all you care about is a guy coming forward swinging for the fences or rabbit punches, I saw nothing but a Lara win.

Originally posted by revelated View Post

First of all, Lara pissed me off. The skill level difference was on display especially in Round 9. He COULD have stepped on the gas more and had a better showing but chose not to - it was frustrating watching him. He had glimmers of defensive brilliance, but he was holding back on what would have been quality offensive work against a guy who was there to be hit.

Second, Castano is a very raw, rugged fighter that just (in my opinion) isn't on Lara's level. I would love to see Castano vs. Horn @ 154 because I think we'd see a hell of a fight between them.

Either way, I don't see a draw. I had one swing round - Round 8. Other than that, unless all you care about is a guy coming forward swinging for the fences or rabbit punches, I saw nothing but a Lara win.
    This has always been laras Achilles heel. He gets comfortable and doesnt turn up the activity, he does the least possible amount of work to win a round.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      This has always been laras Achilles heel. He gets comfortable and doesnt turn up the activity, he does the least possible amount of work to win a round.
      And that was readily apparent last night, worse than other fights I can recall.

Comment

Man Lara won that fight...I can't stress this enough. People are making it seem like it wasn't a robbery because it was close as they've done with other Lara fights.

But honestly Lara won the fight CLEARLY. Yes it might have been close, but it was pretty damn clear. 8-4 was a good scorecard hoenstly.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
          Man Lara won that fight...I can't stress this enough. People are making it seem like it wasn't a robbery because it was close as they've done with other Lara fights.

But honestly Lara won the fight CLEARLY. Yes it might have been close, but it was pretty damn clear. 8-4 was a goods scorecard hoenstly.

No disrespect but which one was it : close or clear ?
          Close to me would mean could of gone either way
          Clear would mean one definitely lost

Do you see the irony here , by you saying close well then Castano could of won and no bullchit intended far from being clear
          I had it Castano 115/113
          Yes he did miss the target often but with the amount of punches thrown he still landed , thus making him look sloppy but still landing
          Lara , according to commentators , was splitting Castano’s guard and quite honestly many times I wasn’t sure what they were watching
          And Lara did get shots in but many of them were hitting the peakaboo guard or arms and elbows

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            And that was readily apparent last night, worse than other fights I can recall.
            Lara only fights in one gear

Comment

Not talking to anyone in particular but I get the sense that more credit is being given to punches thrown from the outside than inside. Cleaner punching being another way of saying punches that were easier for the observer to see.

Comment

Given Lara's skill level and natural abilities, he shouldn't be allowed to insult fans with showings like this, he was given a gift against Molina, that was it. It hurts to see somebody do as little as humanly possible to get by and then complaint about it when it doesn't get his way. I get that he was robbed against Paul Williams, but that was ages ago, he could have beat Canelo n Castano easily if he had just tried a little bit more, but he just doesn't, he wants to get paid n laugh at boxing fans, I can't wait for the day that he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  Not talking to anyone in particular but I get the sense that more credit is being given to punches thrown from the outside than inside. Cleaner punching being another way of saying punches that were easier for the observer to see.
                  This is one of those fights where it came down to two things: body shots (where Lara excelled) and whether your punch moved your opponent's head without their permission. See my reply below on that second one.

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Yes he did miss the target often but with the amount of punches thrown he still landed , thus making him look sloppy but still landing
                  Lara , according to commentators , was splitting Castano’s guard and quite honestly many times I wasn’t sure what they were watching
                  And Lara did get shots in but many of them were hitting the peakaboo guard or arms and elbows
                  Go back and watch it again. Times Lara got hit clean, his head CLEARLY moved. There weren't that many of those situations. Yet, when Lara split the guard, he went for the body and the chest more than the head. When he DID go for the head, he connected more than he didn't. There was also a very clear speed difference; Lara's 1-2 was there and done before Castano's hook got halfway thrown.

And another thing: Castano tried to pull a Manny and show up in the last 30 seconds of the round which I believe swayed a lot of people to think he had a better performance than he did. Sorry - you don't get thumped on for 2 minutes, then get a couple of good shots in the last 30 seconds and win the round. Not on my watch
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-03-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    No disrespect but which one was it : close or clear ?
                    Close to me would mean could of gone either way
                    Clear would mean one definitely lost

Do you see the irony here , by you saying close well then Castano could of won and no bullchit intended far from being clear
                    I had it Castano 115/113
                    Just because a fight is close on the cards, doesn't mean a decision isn't clear or decisive. Lara clearly won at least 7 rounds, which made it a close but clear win.

Comment

Working...
                    X