Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Did Latinos Become Fans Of Running(Slick boxing)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought GGG won. The Mexicans love Canelo for several reasons. First he is successful Mexican boxer. Secondly while he did some retreating in the fight with GGG that isn't his normal style. Canelo is usually an attacking fighter who stands his ground and gets KOs. He didn't fight his usual way against GGG but nobody fights GGG the same way they fight other boxers because GGG is an iron jawed relentless attacker with exceptional punching power. The Mexican fans aren't going to turn on Canelo because he intelligently altered his fighting style for once fight. Canelo did some backpeddling but it wasn't as bad as you are saying. He often landed effective accurate hard counter punches and he did almost no holding or clinching. He did go backward much of the fight but also often stood his ground and landed enough accurate hard punches to make the fight close and keep GGG respecting his power and accuracy. I am a big fan of both boxers and I still am. You just can't expect Canelo to fight GGG the same way he would fight Lara, Khan or Cotto. GGG also altered his style against Canelo. He didn't charge after Canelo as hard as he does other boxers and he didn't attack the body the way he usually does because Canelo was too sharp with his counter punches.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      GGG landed 50 more punches than Canelo. out landed him 11/12 rounds.

Oh this is on top of Canelo losing ring generalship. this is box.
      canelo landed more power punches in 7/12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        canelo landed more power punches in 7/12 rounds
        you're cherry picking. that is not an overall scoring criteria.

that's nulled by the fact that GGG landed more jabs and lead hands and more powershots to the head.

overall GGG landed more scoring blows. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          Probably around the same time missing punches and blocking with your face was considered dominating a fight

Comment

"I hated fighters that run, but I changed my mind cus Canelo." - Latino Maricon

Comment

so boxing beautifully is now running

Comment

"I hated fighters that run, but I changed my mind cus Canelo." - Latino Maricon
                let it out mijo

Comment

you're cherry picking. that is not an overall scoring criteria.

that's nulled by the fact that GGG landed more jabs and lead hands and more powershots to the head.

overall GGG landed more scoring blows. Period.
                  all points bet that canelo KO's GGG in the rematch. GGG showed that he has nothing for canelo and canelo in return showed GGG too much respect. think garcia / morales rematch.

Comment

They didn't, that's why they all call him a pvssy.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      all points bet that canelo KO's GGG in the rematch. GGG showed that he has nothing for canelo and canelo in return showed GGG too much respect. think garcia / morales rematch.

bet is on. all the points you cuck

Comment

Working...
                      X