Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after u remove popcorn ceiling from a room can u just paint over the exinsting drywal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] after u remove popcorn ceiling from a room can u just paint over the exinsting drywal

like after you remove all the popcorn,obviously u have to patch up any imperfectins and cracks with spackling paste and then sand it down flush.. but once that is sorted out,is it ready to be primed then painted???or do u have to put a brand new layer of mud for the entire ceiling first before prime/paint??

any help would be appreciated,,

THE REED™
    Cuauhtémoc1520

It'll need to be skimmed over again

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
      It'll need to be skimmed over again
      is that only if the existing condiiton is in bad shape??

also,for that u use mud right ?? and not just regular spackling paste?

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        is that only if the existing condiiton is in bad shape??

also,for that u use mud right ?? and not just regular spackling paste?
        Depends how happy you are with the finish. If it were me & the drywall didn't need replaced then a double skim would give a great finish
        Mud multi finish

Comment

Question: how did you get popcorn on your ceiling? And how did the popcorn actually stain the ceiling?

Comment

I heard older popcorn ceilings may contain asbestos. Whether it does or not ventilation and a mask may be recommended. I had it removed in most of my house and they tented the rooms as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I heard older popcorn ceilings may contain asbestos. Whether it does or not ventilation and a mask may be recommended. I had it removed in most of my house and they tented the rooms as well.
              It's a minimal amount but always best to use a mask & get a scraper with a broom handle as it puts more distance between u and the popcorn,artex

Comment

you're gonna need a whole new roof

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  like after you remove all the popcorn,obviously u have to patch up any imperfectins and cracks with spackling paste and then sand it down flush.. but once that is sorted out,is it ready to be primed then painted???or do u have to put a brand new layer of mud for the entire ceiling first before prime/paint??

any help would be appreciated,,

THE REED™
                  Cuauhtémoc1520
                  lmao at your sig quote

Comment

lmfao how did this show up in my tag **** lmfao motherfuckers

Comment

Working...
                    X