No announcement yet.

Top Five Guns for Home Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
    Lol nobody is going to be intruding homes knowing that ALL members of the house are present.

They’re going to be intruding deserted or vacant properties where trouble will be minimal.
    That sucks. They need to have duels like the old days. Like Hamilton versus Burr.

Comment

I would like an AR and maybe a.45

H&K to be specific makes a USP that I would love.

The only pistols I have fired were a Beretta and Glock both 9mm.

Don't need a dog I have a mean cat.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        AR-15
        Mossberg 500
        Walther PPQ
        Sig Saur P226
        Ruger LC9

Im getting the S&W Bodyguard .38 next...

I want to get a Jindo and Pitbull for the pad but wife wont let me. Jindo and Pitt would be perfect.
        Swap the AR and Mossberg.

The sound of a Mossberg (shotgun) being readied is enough to make people leave without firing a single shot.

Add small spaces of a home. Anyone funneling through a door or hallway is done.

Despite obviously being harder to handle than an AR when fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Dog then shotgun with a 9 for when they run

in the Aussie gangland wars... there was only one way to go

shotgun to bring them down, 9mm to finish the job

you nasty !

Comment

I am not American, we don't have guns... but yea, I am subscribed to ActiveSelfProtection

I have watched literally hundreds of home defence situations, GREAT site

AR15 is the one... wieldy indoors, punchy, great rof

for a handgun... not sure it matters but it must be high capacity

you do NOT get to switch magazines in a gunfight, that luxury is extremely rare... and 1 magazine is OFTEN not enough... plenty/most defenders expend a full clip, you should be looking for something that can carry 15 rounds

and I agree with the earlier poster regarding his dog... if I need to check outside I don't let the dog out because I don't want him getting stabbed... aluminium baseball bat (used) is the ideal choice

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Dogs are good for detecting a prowler or intruder, but why put your dog in harm’s way when you can eliminate the problem with somehting that goes bang?

Home defense is a personal choice, it’s what you feel comfortable with and what you will practice with. Some will argue high caliber rounds will penetrate walls and hit unintended targets. Other argue small calibers won’t deliver the stopping power. Truthfully, most intruders will likely lose interest once the first shot is fired unless they are determined to get to you.
              Good point. I always looked at my dogs as part of a team effort... The dogs, are a major part of it because most intruders do not want to deal with dogs. But my dogs are family.

I want to make a suggestion regarding your issue... Don't leave your dogs outside. They can get poisoned, IF someone really wants that action inside your home. If the dogs are in the house with you, they can do their thing as a deterrent and you can fall back on your full plan details.

The consensus for a firearm that protects in virtually all conditions is a shotgun. Shotguns cover most ranges of potential conflict... I understand the reasoning, its not bad... Also one can aim a shotgun with the body and does not need a lot of shooting dynamics.

For me? I have two handguns, but I also have stick weapons and bladed weapons near me in the house...I have the large stick weapons in places where no one could use them properly (too small a space) But I could! (training). And my blades are right near me.

In urban environments like Baltimore, a row type house in this case, I prefer a hand gun to a shotgun. In more spread out locations shotguns and even rifles come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Long but informative video. Some may disagree with his choices but he makes a good case for what works for him.

My modified 12 gauge S&W 3000 pump action shot gun.

Best home defense can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Dog then shotgun with a 9 for when they run
                  Dogs(even Mexican chihuahua) protect the crib and family. I got no guns in japan, none the shoot bullets, stun guns are illegal, but bow & arrows, my real swords, and cops 100 ft from my place, always patrolling, making sure everyone is safe.

Dude, these Japanese cops probably can’t even shot good! At least they don’t turn their pistols 90 degrees to the side pimp playa style!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    That sucks. They need to have duels like the old days. Like Hamilton versus Burr.

Old school settling differences. I tell people, that in the west duels were rare, and people were polite. Men tipped their hats to each other, and dint try to intimidate anyone.

I got an old colt, 1886 ~ 1888. Single action. I never fired it, and wouldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      I would like an AR and maybe a.45

H&K to be specific makes a USP that I would love.

The only pistols I have fired were a Beretta and Glock both 9mm.

Don't need a dog I have a mean cat.
                      I got my hi, and I got a CAR from my uncle, an M1, crates of bullets.

Please tell me you didn’t turn the 9 mm 90 shooting pimp playa style?

Hitting the desired target with the least amount of rounds is the goal.

I think the M4 is a good weapon, ammo lighter that larger calibres but impact over distance.

There are different types of shooting, close quarters, Mid range and long distance. Choose the right tools.

I used to love going to gun shows and buying guns from vets, and rebels.. pre 86. Laws were lax, big clips easily available.

Like all fun things, legislation cuts down / limits who you can buy from.

How you doing? Hope you good.

I can’t go home because travel bans, and the olympics is not happening. I was talking crap to saiblo and others, all my plans go to chit.

Your cat may save you from many things.. if your cat don’t like a female you like, listen to your cat!

Comment

Working...
                      X