Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT Sports BURIED Wilder...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America never knew Wilder....and he never got the cash he could have for facing AJ...what a sad end!

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      ...and I loved it. In the build up they kept labeling this as "1 vs 2", they kept claiming Wilder was "one of the greatest ever", as if his 10 title defences even came anywhere near Ali.

Then the fight ended and Haye, Woodhall, Rawling, Barry and the presenter buried Wilder, no longer burdened by promotion, ESPN or Haymon. Bunce.. well we will get to him in a bit.

Woodhall and Haye spent a full 30 mins post fight bemoaning Wilders lack of boxing fundamentals, his inability to hold on and his lack of quality opposition (a lot like what I've been saying for years) .

Then came the killer blow, both Hate a d Woodhall smiled, claimed that AJ v Fury was the real 1vs 2, a "50 50 fight" and that they couldn't pick who was the real numero uno (sounds a bit like what some have said for a while).

To make matters worse and cause mass weeping among racist American Wilder fans, they said a trilogy fight was "pointless" and that there was no need for it now.

Bunce let the side down, unable to even mention AJ he asked if Fury v Wilder 3 was possible. It is but none wants it.

I expect the black racists on here to avoid this thread like the PLAGUE.
      When you're proud of your Black Heritage you're racist but everyone else can show the pride they have in their history. It's indeed hilarious.

Comment

America never knew Wilder....and he never got the cash he could have for facing AJ...what a sad end!
        Sad ending for Wilder? This man has had a wonderful career based on the fact he started at 19. He has earned alot of money and still will earn more in the rematch. What I find funny is that so many people talk about how losses don't matter but are quick to dismiss a fighter's career because of a defeat to a great fighter. I thank the lord for Deontay Wilder. His courageous performance in both fights allowed us to see the greatness of Fury

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
          When you're proud of your Black Heritage you're racist but everyone else can show the pride they have in their history. It's indeed hilarious.
          He did nothing to highlight the prestige of his history or do anything of note to show his pride. He talked nonsense, accused a black boxing journalist of nonsense, acted nonsense and looked like nonsense. He tried turning this whole Fury rivalry into a race bait issue and Fury didnt play ball.

Comment

He did nothing to highlight the prestige of his history or do anything of note to show his pride. He talked nonsense, accused a black boxing journalist of nonsense, acted nonsense and looked like nonsense. He tried turning this whole Fury rivalry into a race bait issue and Fury didnt play ball.
            He lost last night. That does nothing to the prestige of black folk. He took his whopping against a better fighter and never quit. As far as the exchange with Radio Raheem that was a miscommunication between two guys who are familiar with each other. Raheem was setting up Wilder to discuss things they talk about all the time. But Raheem said your people instead of our people. They talk that out that same night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
              What is it with Bunce and Joshua?
              On Bunces own podcast he's very complimentary of Joshua, but he toes the party line when working for BT

Comment

I just love the posters that were 100%, bet the house, absolutely positively certain Wilder KO's Fury are now equally sure Joshua has no chance against Fury.

The lack of self awareness is hilarious, even when tapped on the shoulder by reality its all gas no brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Fury vs Wilder was the real #1 vs #2.

Joshua got dominated and stopped by a clinically obese taco vendor so was no longer top 2.

There's an argument that Joshua is now #2, but tbh I'd still expect Wilder to put his lights out.
                  ‘An argument’?

Joshua is #2

Wilder was systematically dismantled. If it was a close affair, then there’d be an argument in keeping Wilder rank 2. But it was the furthest thing from that

Joshua avenged his loss, and quite clearly has the 2nd best resume. I don’t see how anyone could rank Wilder above him right now

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                    Sad ending for Wilder? This man has had a wonderful career based on the fact he started at 19. He has earned alot of money and still will earn more in the rematch. What I find funny is that so many people talk about how losses don't matter but are quick to dismiss a fighter's career because of a defeat to a great fighter. I thank the lord for Deontay Wilder. His courageous performance in both fights allowed us to see the greatness of Fury
                    I would presume that Wilders purse will be quite significantly smaller if the 3rd fight happens

Fury would rightly get the lions share, but I think the overall purse would be a lot smaller to reflect the smaller interest there’d be. The second fight hinges on Wilder improving, and having that right hand. However, Wilder never improved, and after 19 rounds, Wilder couldn’t put Fury away, even with a bomb. I don’t think there’s great interested in another fight right now

I don’t think Wilder fans should push for it either. Promoters will have to decimate Wilders image to get every last drop out of it - by loading him with a ton of excuses that will only further damage his image. On top of that, his career might be over with another loss.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      I would presume that Wilders purse will be quite significantly smaller if the 3rd fight happens

Fury would rightly get the lions share, but I think the overall purse would be a lot smaller to reflect the smaller interest there’d be. The second fight hinges on Wilder improving, and having that right hand. However, Wilder never improved, and after 19 rounds, Wilder couldn’t put Fury away, even with a bomb. I don’t think there’s great interested in another fight right now

I don’t think Wilder fans should push for it either. Promoters will have to decimate Wilders image to get every last drop out of it - by loading him with a ton of excuses that will only further damage his image. On top of that, his career might be over with another loss.
                      Its a 60/40 Split. I do agree that he needs to be honest with himself. He can beat Fury but he needs to improve his jab, footwork and 7defense. Not sure if he able to

Comment

Working...
                      X