No announcement yet.

NSB PICK EM 2020 #8 - #10 8th FEBRUARY 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
    I know Hahaha, nah my Galahad prediction was wrong but not the last two although brook wasn't included (not sure why)

"Galahad, dec wide.
    Rigondeaux, ko mid.
    Russel, decision wide.
    Brook, ko mid."

Thanks for the info bro I'll check it out.
    hahah sorry, my mistake! you did actually predict brook

Good call on Russel! He was supposed to box a close decision, not sure why he did me dirty like that

Comment

I know Hahaha, nah my Galahad prediction was wrong but not the last two although brook wasn't included (not sure why)

"Galahad, dec wide.
      Rigondeaux, ko mid.
      Russel, decision wide.
      Brook, ko mid."

Brook probably wasn’t included because it wasn’t likely to be a competitive matchup, when there are multiple fights over the weekend the mods usually select the more competitive matchups.

Comment

"Galahad, dec wide.
        Rigondeaux, ko mid.
        Russel, decision wide.
        Brook, ko mid."

As pointed out by RJJ above we typically go for the more competitve match-ups if there's few fights of a weekend and we got to make a choice. DeLuca just wasn't far enough up the pecking order to make it good enough to include when there wasn't even a title on the line or anything. FWIW though we did actually put it the poll in the 'upcoming pick ems' thread and would have included it if it'd got 50% interest, but it only got 36%, but that was before you started playing so it's no surprise you missed it. It's worth looking out for those, we'll do one towards the end of each month to allow players some input into the following months fights so if you want a say make sure you get your vote in.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=838626

In general though the following excerpts from the OP of the masterthread pretty much spell out the selction criteria:

On balance most players seemed fairly happy with the mix and frequency of fights last year, so we're going to aim to stick to roughly the same guidelines and expect to see roughly the same number of Pick 'ems. In general all title fights between fighters ranked in the top 10 per TBRB will be included plus any non-title fights of particular fan interest. Fights with guys in the top few places of the P4P rankings will also generally be included even when (as often happens) they are a prohibitive favourite. Should the WBSS introduce a new season during the course of 2020 we will make every effort to include the fights from that competition or indeed those from any event of similar ambition that should occur during the year.
        In an effort to continually ensure we are offering the fights most players want to see, and to give players the opportuoity to do research on fights or even provide advance absentee picks it is our intent to post a thread towards the nd of each month specifying which fights we intent to include in the game for the following month. The formula we used last year offered several fights that were definitely to be included but then also offered a poll for players to indicate which - if any - of a number of perhaps less high profile fights they would like to see in the game that month. On the occasions we actually manged to put up such thread I beleive they met with considerable player approval so the goal is to extend the same formula to every month (from Feburary) this year.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-09-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
          hahah sorry, my mistake! you did actually predict brook

Good call on Russel! He was supposed to box a close decision, not sure why he did me dirty like that
          No worries man, that's a shame i just like Russell's speed figured he would be too fast for rug but i feel the fight seemed closer than the scorecards revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Brook probably wasn’t included because it wasn’t likely to be a competitive matchup, when there are multiple fights over the weekend the mods usually select the more competitive matchups.
            Good point that makes sense to me, thanks for elaborating.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              As pointed out by RJJ above we typically go for the more competitve match-ups if there's few fights of a weekend and we got to make a choice. DeLuca just wasn't far enough up the pecking order to make it good enough to include when there wasn't even a title on the line or anything. FWIW though we did actually put it the poll in the 'upcoming pick ems' thread and would have included it if it'd got 50% interest, but it only got 36%, but that was before you started playing so it's no surprise you missed it. It's worth looking out for those, we'll do one towards the end of each month to allow players some input into the following months fights so if you want a say make sure you get your vote in.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=838626

In general though the following excerpts from the OP of the masterthread pretty much spell out the selction criteria:
              Thanks for the response bro, it does make sense not including the brook fight as it was an expected blowout type fight, the only thing i did feel was that if the brook who showed up against zerafa turned up it could be competitive but i based my pick on the revitalised version turning up having had the layoff to recuperate and settling in at 154. I will keep an eye out for the votes in future now that i am in the involved in the pick em's thanks again man.

Comment

Good point that makes sense to me, thanks for elaborating.
                No problem mate.

Comment

was watching a boring movie and started to compile the list using excel and formulas:
                  I havent double checked it, so there might be some mistakes, but I used formulas to calculate the numbers. Therefore mistakes should only occur if I wrote down the picks wrong. If you are able to work with Excel, I can send you the file Koba.

Top three (with multipliers):
                  BobLobLaw: 150
                  Szef: 130
                  Headbodyhead: 120
                  ---
                  Average points: 82,17

Top three (without calculating multipliers):
                  RJJ-94-02-GOAT: 90
                  Shane Moslez Jr: 90
                  EffPandas: 90
                  + Shoulderoll, Justintimothyko, Idunnosheet, ruedboy, Chrismart (all with 90 points)
                  ---
                  Average points: 69,57

Last place honour
                  NC Uppercut: 20

Galahad Vs Marrero

Total picks: 42
                  Galahad: 41 / 97,62%
                  Marrero: 1 / 2,38%

Nyambayar Vs Russell

Total picks: 46
                  Nyamabayar: 10 / 21,74%
                  Russell: 36 / 78,26%

Rigondeaux Vs Solis

Rigondeaux: 45 / 97,83%
                  Solis: 1 / 2,17%

Perfect Picks
                  Galahad KO mid: 0 / 0%
                  Russell DEC wide: 15 / 32,61%
                  Rigondeaux DEC close: 4 / 8,70%
                  Last edited by asgarth; 02-09-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    was watching a boring movie and started to compile the list using excel and formulas:
                    I havent double checked it, so there might be some mistakes, but I used formulas to calculate the numbers. Therefore mistakes should only occur if I wrote down the picks wrong. If you are able to work with Excel, I can send you the file Koba.

Top three (with multipliers):
                    BobLobLaw: 150
                    Szef: 130
                    Headbodyhead: 120
                    ---
                    Average points: 82,17

Top three (without calculating multipliers):
                    RJJ-94-02-GOAT: 90
                    Shane Moslez Jr: 90
                    EffPandas: 90
                    + Shoulderoll, Justintimothyko, Idunnosheet, ruedboy, Chrismart (all with 90 points)
                    ---
                    Average points: 69,57

Last place honour
                    NC Uppercut: 20

Galahad Vs Marrero

Total picks: 42
                    Galahad: 41 / 97,62%
                    Marrero: 1 / 2,38%

Nyambayar Vs Russell

Nyamabayar: 10 / 21,74%
                    Russell: 36 / 78,26%

Rigondeaux Vs Solis

Rigondeaux: 45 / 97,83%
                    Solis: 1 / 2,17%

Perfect Picks
                    Galahad KO mid: 0 / 0%
                    Russell DEC wide: 15 / 32,61%
                    Rigondeaux DEC close: 4 / 8,70%
                    Thanks, man, that kinda work will get you on the shortlist for the 2021 CREW.

I use Open or Libre Office usually but it's no issue to translate the data. Obviously I already got my spreadsheets set up in the pretty much the layout you'll see 'em on the Masterthread, and I'll obviously have to check over your inputting but definitely I'll take the help I can get and for sure the correct picks counts will save some time. Umm. I quite like the idea of including the number of perfects and percentages too... I should maybe put all that data on the Master Fight Results table that I still haven't put up yet on the OP.

tell you what, I'll PM you my e-mail and you send across what you've got, I'll see what I can use or what data I can transfer over easily and look at how you constructed it... TBH I hadn't used a spreadsheet in like 20 years before I started doing this, and I just been figuring it out on the fly so I'm sure there's things I coulda done different or better and I look forward to seeing if you've any ideas I can incoroprate.

Regards and thanks

K

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                      What's up Go-Getter !?? What's wrong, you don't call, you don't write..
                      Ah I know what is. You're riding this top of the heap PICK EM clout. You can't be bothered by the little people, wasting their multipliers n chit.

Nah I'm kidding of course. Congrats though. It's a long year but you are off to really nice start. You have a chance at some prize money so....Don't forget to use your doggone multipliers this year and use them very purposefully. I was ahead of a lot of people last year who had a better correct percentage than me, strictly due to multiplier use. USE EM broski.

So what am I missing here ? Did anyone else other than me pick Marrero? I wonder if the entire group have ever all picked an underdog before.. Edit: Well scratch that --- Marrero is at +275, but Nyambayar got a lot of love and he's +275 also. At any rate, I'm on an island with Marrero...

Anyhow, you're setting the bar pretty high. I'll have to pay more attention or something.
                      Peace.
                      That's awesome, thanks dude!! I knew I was doing well, but didn't think I was in first place.

I think I plan to use at least one multiplier during the fury-wilder PPV, although I'm not sure how many we get per year. Anyways, I'm amped for wilder-fury, and I believe the picks will be divided..fury should be the slight favorite. If he can stay away from the right hand and avoid the cut opening, he should cruise to a decision.

God bless brother!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X