Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Easter Wins Close Call, Split Nod Over Javier Fortuna

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    If Mikey Garcia don't run he not going to make to the 12 round
    Dude couldnt even beat a Super FW. That was the 1st time EVER fightint at LW. Mikey is gonna knock Easter out into 2019 Easter Day.

Comment

Man I had Fortuna winning a 115-112/114-113 type of fight, I thought it was close but clear

Comment

Had Fortuna winning, not surprised he didn't get the nod though. Easter has gotten the benefit out of like 2-3 fights that could have easily gone the other way, not even sure why he's protected as he's not that good or popular. I'd pick Mikey and Linares to easily defeat him.

Comment

Easter has a lot of work to do. It was a close fight that could have gone either way but Easter didn't look impressive at all and he needs to chill out on calling out Mikey because he won't win fighting like that. All that height and reach he has and he fights like he's short.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Easter just lost to Jason Sosa leftovers
            True but Fortuna was way ahead on the scorecards when he got caught. It's not like he was schooled by Sosa. Fortuna is a very solid and skilled fighter but I get your point. Easter did not look impressive at all.

Comment

Easter is in big trouble if he thinks he can unify anything at 135. I think all the other title holders beat him easy based on his last few performances. Even the underachieving Terry Flanagan boxes his ass off. He never used his height and reach at all against Fortuna who should've got the nod! He was getting countered all night, throwing a lazy, inaccurate jab and falling in while trying to bully Fortuna on the ropes. If Easter can't establish a half decent jab and actually use his length, he's done once he steps up against someone half decent. He should fight Tank Davis next to see who is really serious and able to put on a high level performance. I would give Tank the edge because of his sheer pressure and power but after his last performance he could lose to someone he should beat as well.

Comment

It is difficult to acknowledge that both of these young men have held or hold any "titles" what so ever.
                They are so limited and raw that watching that bout was painful!

If Fortuna stepped his pace up from the 8th rd. on he might have stopped the tall kid. They were brutally green fighters
                and the super feather can't come in at lightweight is a disgrace.

I guess their efforts were decent but they have so little skill I thought I was watching a novice 4 rd. fight on a non televised show.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  If Mikey Garcia don't run he not going to make to the 12 round
                  so the same punches that fortuna walked thru would KO mikey garcia?

Comment

I posted that I would have given the nod to Fortuna and I stand by it hours later.

The commentators called it out, Bunny doesn't fight tall. He tries to fight the opponent's game at their level which is what was getting him caught all night long because he has no power to keep the guy off him. Fortuna was triggering Bunny into fighting his game. That's ring generalship and it started roughly with that point deduction, which was due to rabbit punches (no pun intended) CAUSED by Bunny holding Fortuna's arm. He was trying to get free and he got frustrated at the tactics.

Ultimately, he was making Bunny miss the majority of the fight, he was connecting shots from the outside he never should have connected with, he had Bunny following him into shots and he was never really hurt.

You know what it reminded me of? Williams/Lara. A lot. It just wasn't as blatant a robbery as that one was but it had the same feeling that the wrong guy won the fight.

Comment

I agree ray, it looked like 2 guys that should've opening bout at 4:00 pm. And for all you fortuna fans out there, when a prize fighter can't make weight , and be a true professional he gets no benefit of doubt . And that's that

Comment

Working...
                      X