No announcement yet.

Help with my workout plan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my workout plan.

Okay I am going to start eating right in about 2 weeks (No kitchen atm due to renovations, so for a few weeks I am limited to fast food.) I have recently (3 months ago) joined boxing, but I need to lose weight so i can be quicker, and I was wondering what else I should due to lose weight. Here is my daily workout plan.

5 mins stretching
    run 1 mile (or more depending on the heat)
    3 x 3 minutes of shadow boxing
    3 x 3 minutes of heavy bad
    3 x 3 minutes of speed bag
    4 x 3 minutes of jump rope
    4 x 25 sit ups
    4 x 25 pushups
    3 x 1 minute of sparring (about 1-2 times a week)

So, my main question is, what should I add to my workout so that I can lose weight. I eat relatively healthy for what is available atm, but I will start to cut back soon...

Also, about how long do you think it will take me to lose about 15-20 pounds with this workout?

P.S. I am also doing to weight lifting at school, but I am not lifting to gain muscle because that is weight. Should I do more reps of less weight to get stronger without gaining weight? Weight lifting is a requirment for football, which I will join so there is no way for me to skip it..

Thanks in advance!

for lifting you wanna lift for strength which would be high weight low reps high intensity. Low weight high reps is for hypertrophy which will bulk you up

Comment

Oh ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Oh and when replying, keep in mind that I should be fighting at around 130 to 139 which is average for my size.. So tell me to due something that will get me muscle because I will get killed if I fought at the weight I am at right now (145).

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleZ711
          Oh and when replying, keep in mind that I should be fighting at around 130 to 139 which is average for my size.. So tell me to due something that will get me muscle because I will get killed if I fought at the weight I am at right now (145).
          well to get down to your proper fighting weight your going to need to do lots of cardio and proper dieting(not extreme) if its too extreme and you end up starving yourself your not meant to be fighting at that weight especialy when your young.
          by the way...how tall are you?

Comment

You can't do the same thing every day. You'll get bored to death....

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo
              for lifting you wanna lift for strength which would be high weight low reps high intensity. Low weight high reps is for hypertrophy which will bulk you up
              not true at all hahaha. way off. do you even know what hypertrophy is?

Comment

Originally posted by mayweather
                not true at all hahaha. way off. do you even know what hypertrophy is?
                what isnt true about it...we've covered it many times on this board low reps high weight for strength high reps for size and endurance. Dont be hating on my posts your the ****in idiot who posts stupid **** like gatti's only claim to fame is the ward trilogy and hes never done anything for boxing

Comment

read ur first post again. maybe u just got it backwards on accident the first time. and about gatti, what else has he done? please enlighten me on the huge fighters hes beaten. oh yeah the only noteworthy fighters he went against in mayweather and dlh, he got ****in raped. haha

and in ur first post u said low weight high reps is for strength. wrong. and u said high weight low reps is for hypertrophy haha. tell me what your definition of hypertrophy is
                  Last edited by mayweather; 05-14-2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Hypertrophy is the enlargement of the muscle tissue to which you get by performing rep ranges 8-12
                    when people do for say the 5x5 its for STRENGTH not SIZE

Comment

Working...
                    X