Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire was being praised for his opposition though. That's the difference. Fighter of the Year my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Donaire was being praised for his opposition though. That's the difference. Fighter of the Year my ass.
      Yes but for 2012. Narvarez was 2011.

Comment

I'd rather see Broner in a stay busy fight with Rees, than have to wait 6 or so months before he fights the winner between Burns and Vasquez. This is one reason why I stopped being a big fan of Mayweather. He only wants to fight once a year. Its hard to respect someone that doesn't take boxing serious enough to remain active. We make those guys rich, they owe it to us to keep us entertained. Staying active is the very least they can do, even if some mach ups are not so great. And we shouldn't be bi*ches and complain non stop when those weak match ups happen, unless they are happening too often. We need to appreciate these guys for what they do.
        Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He's just chasing Ricky Burns, he could have fought Vasquez
          Vasquez team supposedly turned down 350K to fight Broner right before the DeMarco fight. Is it the truth? I don't know, but I have not heard anything about Vasquez or his team denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            why do you guys even defend this fight? It's not a good fight. Call it what it is.
            i don't see that much to criticize for the fight to need defending.

is it a mismatch? could we hope to see better fights on HBO? i believe so. but, historically, world class fighters have always kept themselves busy fighting lower league guys in between greater tests. my criticisms are that it probably should be a non-title fight and that it really belongs on BAD and not WCB.

i'm looking forward to seeing Broner in with another world class guy, but these things can take time to fall into place. on the upside, Gavin has an opportunity to shake up the (boxing) world or at least surprise people by giving a better account of himself than expected, which gives people an underdog to root for, and we get to see Broner give his chops a workout.

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            oh yea?thats how we do things now?
            i like Gav, i was at the Matthews rematch rooting for him and enjoyed watching him do what he did. i'm just saying that he was about as papery as a 'world champ' gets.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-14-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Vasquez team supposedly turned down 350K to fight Broner right before the DeMarco fight. Is it the truth? I don't know, but I have not heard anything about Vasquez or his team denying it.
              Where did you hear this from?

And how about after the Demarco fight?

Comment

why do people all of a sudden act as if many people were not getting frustrated with donaire and his chose of opposition it seems like recently people are kinda ignoring the fact that donaire is top 5 p4p fighter that has fought no one that anyone cared to see him fight outside of montiel and maybe nishioka yet those people will complain about another fighter who is not even ranked as high as donaire or as old

Comment

why do people all of a sudden act as if many people were not getting frustrated with donaire and his chose of opposition it seems like recently people are kinda ignoring the fact that donaire is top 5 p4p fighter that has fought no one that anyone cared to see him fight outside of montiel and maybe nishioka yet those people will complain about another fighter who is not even ranked as high as donaire or as old
                  So people got frustrated when Donaire did it now they're frustrated when Broner is doing it? Sounds reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                    So people got frustrated when Donaire did it now they're frustrated when Broner is doing it? Sounds reasonable.
                    how old is broner?how old is donaire?if broner deserves it so does donaire still but ever since people been asking for a rigondaeux fight people were able to some how flip it and now all of a sudden donaire has not been beating up on weak oppisition

Comment

how old is broner?how old is donaire?if broner deserves it so does donaire still but ever since people been asking for a rigondaeux fight people were able to some how flip it and now all of a sudden donaire has not been beating up on weak oppisition
                      In what way is age relevant? They're both champions and the number 1 guys in their division. I'm not defending Donaire, but neither do I excuse Broner just because someone else set the precedent.

Comment

Working...
                      X