Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reflex wise i would say floyd mayweather (yeah really) is the best ive ever seen
    he's fast as **** as well (corales masterclass)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnCiXf9KDt0

punches like an always maxi pad though
    and he looked like one after the cotto fight

jones jnr was lighting fast
    but to compare him to pacquiao in a speed contest is a ****ing joke

y'all black ppl need to stop hating the lil asian man cos he faster than any black man who ever stepping in the ring

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. hands down had the fastest.

Meldrick Taylor - Is definitely up there but I think some people on this board either didn't watch Meldrick fight or forgot. Meldrick had pop and speed. But as far as defense goes he was very hittable. That's what kept him from being a greater fighter.

SRL - Had great speed but not as good as Taylor and Jones

Ali - Great Speed for a heavyweight but Tyson was faster

SRR - Definitely in the top five in terms of speed

Sweet Pea - Another speed demon, people forget about him because of his defensive prowess but he was very quick with the hands

Duran - Very fast hands. People forget because he was a big puncher and that he is hispanic. But that man had fast hands.

Mosley - At 135 one of the fastest fighters ever, lost the speed as he moved up in weight.

Floyd - Ridiculous hand speed but is credited more for his timing and boxing acumen than his speed. Seeing him looking slower with the hands than Judah takes him out the conversation for the number one spot

Pacman - Great hand speed but not as fast as some of the other guys. What separates him is his angles and relentlessness.

Judah - One of the fastest ever with his handspeed but somewhere along the way he became and predictable....weak jab, weak jab, power left (uppercut or straight) with the occasional counter right hook. As a young fighter he had ridiculous combos.

Camacho - Ridiculous handspeed a true dynamo in his younger days when he was focused. But became a joke later on.

Terrence Ali - Great handspeed but unheralded as a fighter so many won't remember him.

Currently it seems like Gamboa and Russell Jr are the fastest young fighters

Comment

Mayweather snr had very fast hands

Comment

See... I have problems with people pointing at known names, and it's cool because they can only reply based on fighters they've actually seen.

Currently, Khan is faster than McGurt was and Linares is faster than Taylor was at the moment. When Taylor and McGurt fought, the speed was equal. The difference maker was Taylors ability to throw blazing COMBOS. His shoe shining is still the fastest I've seen. Camacho though is definitely faster than the aforementioned men, and dare I say Roy was equal or maybe a touch quicker, which is impressive, considering how much heavier he was. P4P, Roy probably takes it hands down.

Someone mentioned Patterson, pretty sure Tyson was faster punch for punch.

Zab Judahs 1 punch speed is among the fastest ANY of us has ever seen in his prime. Currently, I like Rigos single punch speed over anyone else though Andre Dirrels is amazing too. Donaire doesn't carry his speed late, but his counters are lightening as well.

as for the Meldrick Taylor knods, he wasn't even the fastest in his own time. McGirt was equal, Howard Davis was probably a touch faster.

How about Lonnie Smith?
          or Corrie Sanders? There's a heavy with fast hands. Peopel forget that

Comment

khan can throw 5 punches a second
            pac could throw 6~7

both way ahead of ***gy ray leonard

mayweather can throw 1 lol

Comment

Didnt we just have this thread yesterday????

Comment

I think Khan's handspeed is at least as good as Ray Leonard's or Taylor's. but hey this is an american forum and guess what. Khan only gets hate here

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  old man alert!

keeping young bucks like myself from starting too much of a ruckus.

speaking of ruckus, i'm going to start using "history lang" as a round by round for most of the meaningless fights // all of the undercards.

a ruckus will be kicked up

and i still think ali (or more appropriately for the time, clay) is the fastest fighter i've ever seen
                  i'll even go another step and call him the fastest man i've ever seen in terms of his fleetness and speed p4p.

he was 6'3" and all arms and legs. tough to coordinate a body like that.
                  Some of the comments in this thread makes you wonder just how much boxing some of these guys have actually watched

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
                    Roy Jones Jr. hands down had the fastest.

Meldrick Taylor - Is definitely up there but I think some people on this board either didn't watch Meldrick fight or forgot. Meldrick had pop and speed. But as far as defense goes he was very hittable. That's what kept him from being a greater fighter.

SRL - Had great speed but not as good as Taylor and Jones

Ali - Great Speed for a heavyweight but Tyson was faster

SRR - Definitely in the top five in terms of speed

Sweet Pea - Another speed demon, people forget about him because of his defensive prowess but he was very quick with the hands

Duran - Very fast hands. People forget because he was a big puncher and that he is hispanic. But that man had fast hands.

Mosley - At 135 one of the fastest fighters ever, lost the speed as he moved up in weight.

Floyd - Ridiculous hand speed but is credited more for his timing and boxing acumen than his speed. Seeing him looking slower with the hands than Judah takes him out the conversation for the number one spot

Pacman - Great hand speed but not as fast as some of the other guys. What separates him is his angles and relentlessness.

Judah - One of the fastest ever with his handspeed but somewhere along the way he became and predictable....weak jab, weak jab, power left (uppercut or straight) with the occasional counter right hook. As a young fighter he had ridiculous combos.

Camacho - Ridiculous handspeed a true dynamo in his younger days when he was focused. But became a joke later on.

Terrence Ali - Great handspeed but unheralded as a fighter so many won't remember him.

Currently it seems like Gamboa and Russell Jr are the fastest young fighters
                    IDK about the Floyd-Judah thing. Zab was a career 140 pounder and still has nice speed at WW. With Floyd he had a long term career at 130 which he was at his fastest. Even at 140 he was great. When he went to WW you could see a lil bit of slip in the speed so I wouldnt say Zab looking faster than him means that he's not fast as Zab or other guys when he clearly wasnt as his speediest weight.

People also have to look at how guys punch. Floyd can be faster then guys but he's never going to look as fast as someone like Zab because of the way they throw. Zab is a way more free flowing puncher than Floyd. Its a lil looser and he will just let them go. Floyd is always going to be more technical which doesnt allow you to look as fast and he's always going to pick his shots instead of just letting them go

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                      ALi in his prime had PFP the fastest jab and straight punches i have ever seen, sure there may be some at the lower weight classes that where also fast but when you take his weight into account he was unhuman.

Ali used to say that SRR had the fastest jab of them all and it was discussed in the movie When we where kings movie, but the actually used film clips and times the punches and confirmed that ALI had a much faster jab.

In the second Sonny liston fight Ali knocked liston out with a punch so fast that even to the camara it was almost impossible to see.
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWynvBLJ4I
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLfXGVGz-4
                      This is what the ffloydiots call pullcounter, Cassius Clay were already pulling this kind of punches way before Floyd's time, and what is amazing, for a big HW making the punch at lightning speed was totally awesome to watch...

Comment

Working...
                      X