No announcement yet.

USA Today exposes Dana White's "Best In The World" only in UFC crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    That doesn't make his comment any less misinformed.

I see the guy got banned.
    I didnt even notice till you it huh? Wonder why we usally go back and forth on Celtics Knicks stuff ah well he will be back soon im sure. But as for this you dont think Nick and these other guys are getting paid now a days I know the lower guys get ****ed imo but headliners do pretty good no?

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
      I didnt even notice till you it huh? Wonder why we usally go back and forth on Celtics Knicks stuff ah well he will be back soon im sure. But as for this you dont think Nick and these other guys are getting paid now a days I know the lower guys get ****ed imo but headliners do pretty good no?
      We don't know what anyone gets paid really.

Sure I hope Diaz has a chance to earn some okay money, although the UFC pay is pretty weak compared to what the guys are really worth, in terms of the revenue they bring in.

He probably would have made some money from the Lacey fight, although my point was really more that the guy just changes his story to fit whatever situation. He's just here to defend the UFC, which is pretty pathetic really being that I can't stand shills. Glad he's banned.

Comment

I do think Diaz has a chance to earn some money though. Not great money, but good relative to what most other fighters earn in the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          We don't know what anyone gets paid really.

Sure I hope Diaz has a chance to earn some okay money, although the UFC pay is pretty weak compared to what the guys are really worth, in terms of the revenue they bring in.

He probably would have made some money from the Lacey fight, although my point was really more that the guy just changes his story to fit whatever situation. He's just here to defend the UFC, which is pretty pathetic really being that I can't stand shills. Glad he's banned.
          You have a point and I know I'm one of a few people who think these guys get paid just about right to keep them hungry I really enjoy all MMA,Boxing K-1 doesnt matter to me what I watch I just dont want these guys to turn into the "insert name here" Boxers who choose there fights dont need to fight after a couple fights cause there already loaded. As for your boy I see Gloden Glory is really trying to stick with a 240k lawsuit always something.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
            You have a point and I know I'm one of a few people who think these guys get paid just about right to keep them hungry I really enjoy all MMA,Boxing K-1 doesnt matter to me what I watch I just dont want these guys to turn into the "insert name here" Boxers who choose there fights dont need to fight after a couple fights cause there already loaded. As for your boy I see Gloden Glory is really trying to stick with a 240k lawsuit always something.
            I'm not even a huge Overeem fan, but I do think he's the current #1 heavyweight in the sport. Golden Glory should get their money. They basically made his career. It isn't like they were there to dump him after he lost 4 straight. He double crossed them, they even negotiated his Zuffa contract. The mafia boy Lorenzo Fertitta apparently got in Reem's ear and told him he was getting ripped off. Golden Glory was always there for Overeem, and then as soon as he gets a break he turns his back on them. They still apparently have a valid contract and deserve to get paid. Hopefully it doesn't stop him from fighting, as lawsuits have a tendency to sometimes do.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Fertitta that shady ****er. Which is funny considering its these clowns that point to M-1 as being shady but apparently they dont get any shadier than the promotion with a historical mafia ties.

I like Overeem as a fighter but not as a person. GG made him and were his family, Overeem comes back and tries to rip them off, compares his trainers to his maid, he still hasnt paid them for his Werdum fight, and basically talks badly of them now that hes buddy buddies with the Fertitta's.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
                Fertitta that shady ****er. Which is funny considering its these clowns that point to M-1 as being shady but apparently they dont get any shadier than the promotion with a historical mafia ties.

I like Overeem as a fighter but not as a person. GG made him and were his family, Overeem comes back and tries to rip them off, compares his trainers to his maid, he still hasnt paid them for his Werdum fight, and basically talks badly of them now that hes buddy buddies with the Fertitta's.
                he prolly knows he doesnt need GG since hes a big fish in a small pond.

but you'd think he'd be a little more grateful to his former team.

Comment

Working...
                X