Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they cant wait for Floyd, Pac should fight winner of Berto vs Ortiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** all the bob Arum "options"he should fight martenez at 154 - but since that ain't gona happen - he should fight bradley

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Ortiz yes, because of his size and power, but Pac would get no credit no matter how dominant he might win. Mayweather just knocked the guy out.

Berto would get massacred. I don't care how far gone Pac is, he will always beat the crap out of fighters like Berto.
      I'm still sitting on the fence of that one, why do you think Pac beats Berto. Or why will it be an easy win altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
        I'm still sitting on the fence of that one, why do you think Pac beats Berto. Or why will it be an easy win altogether.
        Berto has no defense, at all. He also has stamina problems that would kill him in a fight with Pacquiao. His boxing IQ has never proven to be very high, neither have his boxing skills. He is often stationary, standing in one place while his opponent can move however they want.

Pacquiao could basically just move in and out, circle Berto, and pepper him with shots at will. The one or two times a round that Berto exploded, Pacquiao could probably do his best damage counter punching. I don't see Berto's chances against Pac at all.

Berto's style works against fighters that can't handle his physical talent, but has proven to not work very well against fighters anywhere above a C+ or so level.

Comment

i couldn't see berto being anything other than a punch bag either tbh i'm just not that impressed by the guy i think bradley would bring the better fight

Comment

Berto has no defense, at all. He also has stamina problems that would kill him in a fight with Pacquiao. His boxing IQ has never proven to be very high, neither have his boxing skills. He is often stationary, standing in one place while his opponent can move however they want.

Pacquiao could basically just move in and out, circle Berto, and pepper him with shots at will. The one or two times a round that Berto exploded, Pacquiao could probably do his best damage counter punching. I don't see Berto's chances against Pac at all.

Berto's style works against fighters that can't handle his physical talent, but has proven to not work very well against fighters anywhere above a C+ or so level.
            I see Berto's handspeed and power presenting problems for Pacquaio. It definitely cause him to think twice before leaping in like a ninja monkey, let's be honest.

Pac's prone to getting hit by uppercuts, a forte of Berto's.

But on the otherhand your right about Berto's footwork being slack, however fighting southpaws b2b has contributed towards him looking sloppy. His stamina has improved now that he's got a proper nutritional diet and conditioning system in place.

In all honesty it be a great fight for the most part, if Berto gets past Ortiz. If Pac beats Berto I would rank it above his wins over Margarito, past prime Mosley, Clottey and a damaged Cotto in all honesty.

Comment

I see Berto's handspeed and power presenting problems for Pacquaio. It definitely cause him to think twice before leaping in like a ninja monkey, let's be honest.

Pac's prone to getting hit by uppercuts, a forte of Berto's.

But on the otherhand your right about Berto's footwork being slack, however fighting southpaws b2b has contributed towards him looking sloppy. His stamina has improved now that he's got a proper nutritional diet and conditioning system in place.

In all honesty it be a great fight for the most part, if Berto gets past Ortiz. If Pac beats Berto I would rank it above his wins over Margarito, past prime Mosley, Clottey and a damaged Cotto in all honesty.
              Margarito and Mosley, absolutely. Clottey and Cotto though, not a chance in my mind. Berto would have to knock Ortiz out within 6 rounds and Pac would have to turn around and stop him in a couple rounds for me to say that.

I don't think Berto's stamina is improved at all. He was already gassing against Zaveck when that fight was stopped.

Comment

id rather he fight bradley or peterson just to shut the **** up the ******ed AA fans.

Comment

Bradley has looked stupid these past few months running from Khan. His style is awful and I don't want to see him fight Pacquiao. I don't think Tim has the slightest chance, even with headbutts and all that ****.

Pacquiao KO's Berto, easy. Berto, to this day, hasn't fought a fast fighter. Fastest he's fought is Ortiz and he beat him up all night.

I'd like Pacquiao against Ortiz for sheer entertainment value and also insofar as it will help build the Mayweather fight if it's ever going to happen. Ortiz has a sympathetic case to be made considering the "totally legit knockout" Mayweather has over him. When/if Pacquiao did the same in more devastating and sportsmanlike fashion, it would ignite the Floyd bull**** up just in time for his parole and maybe we'll get it at long last.

Comment

Margarito and Mosley, absolutely. Clottey and Cotto though, not a chance in my mind. Berto would have to knock Ortiz out within 6 rounds and Pac would have to turn around and stop him in a couple rounds for me to say that.

I don't think Berto's stamina is improved at all. He was already gassing against Zaveck when that fight was stopped.
                    Berto is a 2x WW champ...... Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                      Berto is a 2x WW champ...... Just saying
                      He got his second title by headbutting a guy and having the fight stopped. I don't even remember how he got his first title.

Comment

Working...
                      X