Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think comes out and takes the center of the ring? Floyd or Manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    He'd have his moments. Floyd tends to gets lazy at time. But Floyd has the proper fundamental techniques to easily neutralizing Manny's leap/lunge in 1-2's combo. None of the southpaws that Floyd has fought were even close to be on the same level as Manny, but they all had longer reach than Manny. I could only see Manny winning this fight by KO. I have a feeling that Roach would encourage him to fight Floyd the way he fought Oscar, but the problem is, Floyd has better fundamental techniques and ring intelligence to adjust to that type of style and it would backfire on Manny.

In the words of Phil Borgia (Kevin "The Flushing Flash" Kelley's trainer):

"If He Leaps, He Sleeps."

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      In the words of Phil Borgia (Kevin "The Flushing Flash" Kelley's trainer):

"If He Leaps, He Sleeps."
      Said right before Naz put Kevin Kelly to sleep.

I doubt Mayweather will stop Pacquiao. He may discourage him, perhaps even hurt him, but I'd be surprised if he stopped him.

Comment

pac . and if floyd is smart enough to not get his ass kicked bigtime, he will not stand in front of pac.

Comment

Many of the Pacquiao fans have become too used to watching him fight non-moving targets who do nothing but come forward...Manny hasn't eaten shots as punishment for lunging in a couple years...that youtube clip of "Manny owns JMM with his face" is what this fight will look like...except much much worse...

Manny is a prize fighter just like everyone else in the business...he isn't this superhero with super speed, 1 punch KO power in both hands, perfect footwork and head movement guy...Pacquiao stands a very good chance to put a dent in Floyd's record, but he isn't the superhero some of you make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by saint.anger View Post
            pac . and if floyd is smart enough to not get his ass kicked bigtime, he will not stand in front of pac.
            There are two ways you can stand in front of your opponent. There's the Margarito way[stand in close range to get beat up to a bloody pulp and only land very few punches of your own], and then there's the Floyd and Klitschko's way[stand in long range, make the shorter guy leap in to get his shots off, and then use your reach advantage to catch him].

Comment

Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
              Floyd's mere presence in the middle of the ring and the constant coaching by Roach to watch his lead right hand, will subconsciously force Pac backwards and nullify 80% of his offense. By round 3 he will be relegated to eating jabs and right leads with the occassional leaping off balance attack that will be twarted by Floyd backing up to allow Pac to close additional ground. Then Floyd will just step inside of him while he's over committing to the false amount of real estate that he thinks he has to cover. Now he'll be forced to dealing with the slick body shot and tie up followed by a break, thus forcing Pac to reset. Rinse, wash, and repeat. By the 6th round Pac will be on the verge of being ko'd and I anticipate Roach throwing in the towel to save his "son" by round 8.

OR....Pac continues to listen to bone heads like Ariza thinking Floyd doesn't have any pop and Pac rushes in recklessly and speeds up his walk back to the dressing room with his L by about 4 rounds.
              u just said alotta something just too say a bunch of nothing!! soo just say: i assume that floyd will ko pacq!! instead of rambling on with your nonsense

Comment

Know one has said this yet, but what if Floyd decides to just fight in the pocket all night. We all know Floyd is an eextremely underrated inside fighter. I can see Floyd sitting in the pocket and picking Manny clean all night. What do you guys think.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
                  i think the first round would be a faint fest. not much action, then they both start cooking. whoever wins the championship rounds would win the fight imo.

it will be the first round of PAC-JMM 1 all over again

floyd get's decked 3 times

gets hit while he's down the 3rd time

Cortez takes a point away from PAC

PAC apologizes and hugs floyd

Floyd sucker punches him

PAC get's KOd

place goes nuts

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
                    u just said alotta something just too say a bunch of nothing!! soo just say: i assume that floyd will ko pacq!! instead of rambling on with your nonsense
                    It's a boxing forum. I don't hang out here all day, every day so I shoot my one load on a topic and bounce with the rest of my life. Everybody in here giving their opinion and you're crying because my answer isn't SEE SPOT RUN??? Get over yourself. Too many clowns on here who prefer to be wise guys and trash talk. You ruin the few decent threads on this site where people are taking their viewpoints and observations and sharing their educated opinion on the sport. Grow up.

Comment

Floyd gets clottey'd

Comment

Working...
                      X