Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Boxers tweets on the fight

Paulie Malignaggi
    Quote:
    Ortiz was KO'd bcuz HE made huge mistake that @FloydMayweather capitalized on. #EndOfStory #DoneTalking

Lennox Lewis
    Quote:
    When the ref says fight. It doesn't matter if he looks away. The fighters were instructed to fight not hug.

Andre Dirrel
    Quote:
    Anthonydirrell it's not ok for a champion to do something like that if @FloydMayweather would have did That it would have been all bad but since Vic did

Antonio Tarver
    Quote:
    Protect yourself at all times, it's the first rule of boxing.

AndreBerto
    Quote:
    2 B honest the butt was wrong and the last right hand punch that Floyd threw was alittle much... But u have to protect yourself at all times

Nonito Donaire
    Quote:
    It can be classless, it can be unsportmanike, even opportunistic, but unforunately, its still legal. Would I pull a mayweather? No. But would I pull an Ortiz and be THAT close to a fighter even IF he was saying sorry? No. Id keep arms length away.

OmarHenry
    Quote:
    By the way the ending wasnt dirty protect yourself at all times Victor was looking for an excuse out and he found it. STOP HATING!

Audley Harrison
    Quote:
    That was warming into a great fight. Shame, but Victor was naive to drop his hands like that, protect yourself at all times is the rules.

Anthonydirrell
    Quote:
    Did what he had to do it protect yourself at all time

BrianViloria
    Quote:
    Once the referee says fight...put yo damn guard up!

Rashad Holloway
    Quote:
    Protect yourself at all times. But damn, is there any class in boxing anymore?

Peter Quillin
    Quote:
    Protect urself at all times 2nd rule in boxing. 1st rule is. Keep ur hands up!

Ishe Smith
    Quote:
    Protect urself at all times, why are u going to hug the guy, this is the fight business

Pawel Wolak
    Quote:
    I probably would have hit with the left hook but not with the follow right. Got 2 keep protected at all times but try 2 keep sportsmanship.

Eddie Chambers
    Quote:
    Victor Ortiz should of never dropped his guard... & always know u are never friend while u in that ring!!

Steve Cunningham
    Quote:
    y'all call us warriors gladiators right, I agree with wut Floyd did its fight time not time to hug kiss and apologize

Good thread, and there we have it folks from real pro fighters, not some fat guys on the internet who have never laced a pair crying foul. All the pros agree it was legal and Ortiz committed a cardinal sin in not protecting himself at all times and suffered the KO loss.

Comment

Green. Don't use twitter so hadn't seen it.

Comment

Amen........

Comment

Good thread.

Comment

I hope we never see any of these fighters tap gloves, or hug again.

The moment they do,

their point is invalid.

Comment

I'm pretty sure every one of those boxers who made that comment has extended his hand towards another fighter as a sign of respect, whether it be the last round or apologetic for a foul, leaving themselves unprotected to a certain degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
                I hope we never see any of these fighters tap gloves, or hug again.

The moment they do,

their point is invalid.
                They've all done it during their careers already, so they're all hypocritical statements.

Comment

OscarDeLaHoya
                  Qoute :
                  Ortiz took it to the street and may weather finished it in the street.bad sportsmanship by Mayweather.ORTIZ was just warming up,a young lion

Comment

Ive seen most of those boxers commit fouls.

Ive never seen any of them kiss and apologize and hug it out and tap gloves, all for the same foul, and not protect themselves while doing it.

So their point would remain.

Comment

Working...
                    X