Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: The ones calling Ward a boring, hugging, headbutting cheater...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: The ones calling Ward a boring, hugging, headbutting cheater...

are mainly the same uneducated fans who were lobbying for that 12 Round CLUSTER****, Froch-Kessler, to be FOTY...they are also the ones who say Froch is better P4P...

See what I'm saying..?

If someone asked me to describe Froch-Kessler in 3 words, I would say "absence of skills"...so many UGLY punches, missed and landed....Froch with his bow and arrow jabs and paint brush hooks, Kessler with his reckless flurries with no aim....it was like two drunken monkeys flinging their turds in each other's general direction...

and Froch a better P4P boxer than Ward?...simply impossible.

These low grade, so called Boxing fans are nothing but insecure, Anti-American, amateur haters...

To any QUALITY Boxing Fans here who recognize and appreciate Andre Ward and what he does...always remember that...KNOW that you're right, and they are wrong...

Ward-Abraham was the first fight of Ward that I actually enjoyed.

I hope we get another neutral referee for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
      are mainly the same uneducated fans who were lobbying for that 12 Round CLUSTER****, Froch-Kessler, to be FOTY...they are also the ones who say Froch is better P4P...

See what I'm saying..?

If someone asked me to describe Froch-Kessler in 3 words, I would say "absence of skills"...so many UGLY punches, missed and landed....Froch with his bow and arrow jabs and paint brush hooks, Kessler with his reckless flurries with no aim....it was like two drunken monkeys flinging their turds in each other's general direction...

and Froch a better P4P boxer than Ward?...simply impossible.

These low grade, so called Boxing fans are nothing but insecure, Anti-American, amateur haters...

To any QUALITY Boxing Fans here who recognize and appreciate Andre Ward and what he does...always remember that...KNOW that you're right, and they are wrong...

we get it... ward is black so you like him. if froch or kessler were black maybe you're opinion of them would change.

Comment

Agree completely with the TS!

I don't think the Froch-Kessler fight was all that great but it definitely wasn't FOTY because of all the missed shots.

Ward-Abraham was a good ass fight. Wish the ref would have let them work a little on the inside but it's all gravey. The Kessler fight was real good too. The Green & Bika fights were iffy unless you enjoy a Hopkins-Echols style dirty brawl haha like the Bika fight.

The man gets too much hate but he's obviously the best fighter at 168 and will prove that by the end of the year.

Comment

ward is garbage, and i am black

Comment

How are people calling Ward-AA a good exciting fight?

AA just stood there and Ward with his usual careful style, fought from the outside

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

AA just stood there and Ward with his usual careful style, fought from the outside
              It was exciting compared with Ward's previous fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

It wasn't a fight of the year kind of fight but to say it wasn't a good fight is kinda ignorant because it was a good fight. It didn't wow nobody with the action but it was a good solid boxing match.

Comment

It’s funny but for all the noise you hear from the vocal minority on how they love pure boxing and they preach on about what this art form is really about, one place I never actually here that is at the actual fights. Y’ know, from people who actually invest their hard-earned money and time to support these cards in person (and those are the fans I’ll listen to). Their criteria is very simple- were they entertained or not? I run into a lot of fans at places like the Home Depot Center and they give me their thoughts very bluntly. They either liked what they saw or they didn’t but I have never heard “Steve, that wasn’t very exciting but golly, what an exhibition of feinting and slipping. I can’t wait to see that again.”

I’m convinced more than ever that this whole canard about skills and the like is more about the fighters they happen to like and want to defend even though they aren’t particularly exciting, more than anything else. If it wasn’t, wouldn’t they actually go out and support these supposedly skillful artisans a bit more often?

Just sayin’...

-Steve Kim

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    It was exciting compared with Ward's previous fights.
                    Well thats true, i enjoyed it way more then his usual ugly inside game
                    Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    It wasn't a fight of the year kind of fight but to say it wasn't a good fight is kinda ignorant because it was a good fight. It didn't wow nobody with the action but it was a good solid boxing match.
                    No it wasnt

AA was a punching bag and Ward just carefully boxed from the outside taking no chances

Comment

Working...
                    X