No announcement yet.

Andre berto bashes luis collazo - promises rematch knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre berto bashes luis collazo - promises rematch knockout

Andre Berto: I promise I will stop Collazo in a rematch!

What's the latest with Andre Berto?

Berto: "I've been having a lot of media training. I've been trying to stay a gentleman about a lot of situations. I try to carry myself in a respectful manner, because I have a lot of kids, and fans that look up to me. You've got guys like Collazo. I try to be the gentleman about the situation. He came in and made a good effort to try and get the title, but now he continues to run his mouth. I've got to a point now I'm living my life. I've never heard somebody crying, and saying he got robbed. About how he feels he won the fight, and he got robbed. We've been hearing that from him for so long. With Shane he said he hurt his hand, with Ricky Hatton, it was that he won, and with this fight, he feels he won. In promise you this, if I end up stooping to his level and fight him again, I promise you 100% this will be the last fight. Everybody sees how I perform, I had the flu a few days before the fight, but I still went in there and fought my ass off. I promise you if I ever fight Collazo again, if HBO puts up the money for the rematch, I promise you I will stop him, and I will knock him out! If that's the issue, and that comes up, and that happens, I promise you it will be a stoppage, and it will not go the distance. I tried to be a nice guy it the situation, but he continues to run his mouth. He's got all these random people on his side, trying to vouch for him. Realistically spaeaking, if I had 15 more seconds in the last round I would have stopped him."

I've been hearing rumblings that there might be an immediate rematch. Have you heard that?

Andre Berto: I haven't heard that. I'm coming out of character right now speaking on the subject. Normally, I just sit back and let my team handle that, and just keep it moving. Then again, this fight here is called prize fighting, not pride fighting. If that was to happen, and they put up the money to make it happen, I will be fully satisfied and happy with that. But if we have to keep it moving, we have to keep it moving. If the rematch does happen, it will not go the distance, I know it won't go the distance. Collazo has no excuses for that fight, he was 100% and he showed everybody his all that night. If that's all he had, if that's his 100%, he's going to be in trouble.

You've never predicted a knockout going into a fight. Are you sure you'll be able to fight an under controll fight in the rematch, and not let the war of words get to you and make you fight out of character?

AB: I'm getting out of character right now about the situation. I don't have to fight Collazo, I beat him. He's going to say what he wants to say, but we can keep it moving. I have the title, and we have other big opportunities ahead of us. He was saying I was running from him for so long, and I beat him. Realistically, we've got to keep it moving. If it's a situation of me fighting him again, and they make sure everything is satisfied financially, we can make it happen. You can believe there won't be any excuses next time, for him.

When can we expect to see you back in the ring?

AB: I've got the word that it might be in either May or June. Luis, you're cool peoples, I respect your trainer, that's my man. Your little brother came out to the fight, and showed off. He supported you to the fullest, he put on a show for everybody, and I respect him for that. When it comes to you as a person, you showed a different side of you. You smile in my face, but stay on the internet talking this and that. I see the different side of you, and it's all good. At the end of the day, he feels in his heart he should have won that fight. I'm not saying there's going to be a rematch, because we've got a lot of bigger and better things ahead of us. It was an exciting fight, maybe fight of the year. Realistically, with my performance, I put his stock up. I helped his stock out. He can still be a nice challenge for anyone in the welterweight division. I helped you out man. You just need to sit back, respect this, and show me my respect, instead of just running his mouth and talking a lot of ****.

Closing thoughts?

AB: I appreciate all the true fans that continue to stand behind and support me, even though I wasn't 100% for my last fight. They still showed a lot of love, I got a lot of emails. Best believe, whoever I fight, I will be at tip top shape. I'm going to go in there and put on an exciting show, like I always do.

berto will be ko'd if he rematches louie

Comment

He better not come in ast 160 fight night! I once thought he possibly had the fastest hand speed at 147 but he looked so sluggish against Collazo

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        He better not come in ast 160 fight night! I once thought he possibly had the fastest hand speed at 147 but he looked so sluggish against Collazo
        what fight were you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
          probaly cause of his weight..berto wont have that belt long

Comment

I pray he does knock out Collazo.

Comment

He showed nothing but class to Collazo and his team but they didn't do the same, I'm glad Berto is speaking out and in a rematch, no doubt he will stop Collazo.

You tell em' Berto!

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                I pray he does knock out Collazo.
                Berto was throwing his "vicious" uppercuts and his other "power shots" at Collazo all night long. You know what Collazo did?

Ate that **** baby. Kept comming.

He won on my scorecard. End of story.

Comment

I think the fight was close enough to warrant a rematch and it should happen but I pick Berto to win more convincingly the second time around assuming he goes to the body early. He killed Collazo's body in the late rounds and had him hurt at the end of the fight. Guaranteed he watches the tape and notices that.

Comment

Berto just went life and death with Collazo, I really doubt he stops him in the rematch. Collazo will be watching the first fight too and can adjust as well. Berto was very lucky to walk out the winner that night.

Is it true that he's gonna fight Quintana next?

Comment

Working...
                    X